GetDaGaff

Lasik surgery

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Who had this done. I didn't get any answers in my first thread so I'm hoping if   I   type   a    lil     slower   maybe someone can answer my questions.I know with all the old goats in here you've either had it done or you can't see ****. I see double from 30' out and everything else is a lil blurry but glasses correct it. I don't wear them except while watching TV. They say I'll be able to see everything "cell phone distance" and out to eternity, but not really close up. My problem is the sites when I'm shooting. Red dot is close and front site is arms length. handgun should be ok but not the red dot. I see that far now but I'm worried about losing it. Has anyone here had this done, how did it turn out and has anyone use the new Syphony lens? Help a brother out.I need answers damn it.

had it done last year and am glad I did it. I only had glasses for seeing distance but now have 20/15 vision. I will need reading glasses in 20 years or so but I would have regardless of getting the surgery

I was skeptical of doing it just because of the fact your eyes don't grow back if something happens to them. I didn't realize how much better it was to fish without glasses until I fished just about a whole week in dense fog and didn't have to constantly wipe the lenses clean. 

I went to TLC Laser and was very happy with their professionalism 

Did it last year, do it.

Still need readers but have 20/15, something I’ve never had.

Go to a doc that’s done a lot of them (mine was up over 40k surgeries).

Stay away from the newer method, think it’s LASIK Plus, more $ and bad reviews, dry eye is supposedly worse and longer lasting.

Dont worry about the gun sights.

Just now, metaliczombi said:

Anyone know anyone with slight astigmatism that had it done?

I have it and they said they would correct the astigmatism before they put the lens in. Here's what I got on the new Symfony lenses. I may do this.

The Tecnis Symfony lenses are the only lenses in the United States that provide a full range of continuous high-quality vision following cataract surgery, while also mitigating the effects of presbyopia by helping people focus on near objects. The FDA approval includes a version of the lens for people with astigmatism, the Tecnis Symfony Toric IOL.

56 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Did it last year, do it.

Still need readers but have 20/15, something I’ve never had.

Go to a doc that’s done a lot of them (mine was up over 40k surgeries).

Stay away from the newer method, think it’s LASIK Plus, more $ and bad reviews, dry eye is supposedly worse and longer lasting.

Dont worry about the gun sights.

You say don't worry about the sites. Do you think I'll be able to see my red dot? It's 9" away from my eye to the edge of my site.

14 mins ago, GetDaGaff said:

You say don't worry about the sites. Do you think I'll be able to see my red dot? It's 9" away from my eye to the edge of my site.

I’ve had no problems with the one my AR, but I just had regular lasik, don’t know anything about this lense thing.

My eyes now work exactly the same as they did when I was wearing contacts/glasses.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

I’ve had no problems with the one my AR, but I just had regular lasik, don’t know anything about this lense thing.

My eyes now work exactly the same as they did when I was wearing contacts/glasses.

The lens is because they are doing cataract surgery and replacing the lens. I think they fix the astigmatism with the lasik. I need a lot more information. SIL had it done and says she sees like a hawk. Still spooky when they're messin with the eyes.

1 min ago, GetDaGaff said:

The lens is because they are doing cataract surgery and replacing the lens. I think they fix the astigmatism with the lasik. I need a lot more information. SIL had it done and says she sees like a hawk. Still spooky when they're messin with the eyes.

Full disclosure, I was WAY more nervous about getting the LASIK done than I was about my colonoscopy which we’ve all been talking to Bacccigolupe about in his thread.

59 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Full disclosure, I was WAY more nervous about getting the LASIK done than I was about my colonoscopy which we’ve all been talking to Bacccigolupe about in his thread.

Had a colonoscopy a few years ago.Saw the equipment and said, is that the biggest one you have,does it come in black? He wasn't amused.

Edited by GetDaGaff

I figure it's been done long enough that any crazy adverse effects would be talked about, but all I hear are good things. Would be nice to ditch the contact lenses and glasses once and for all