Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

just the news, please

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

is there any place left just to get a report of what actually transpired in the world today?   without the commentary and "experts" telling me I should think??  I like watching  the news (or at least I did...)   but theres so much "editorial content" on any of the networks that I can only watch for the 1st 10 minutes before my eyes roll back in my head

and I don't give a shet about which side you're on......   the grandstanding to try and win political points with viewers from both sides is out of control.   just tell me the facts and I can decide for myself what the impacts are going to be.

(and please don't start the fake news bullshet with me either-  Fox was the 1st network to overtly skew "their version" news to attract viewers.  they are in the same boat with MSNBC or whatever....  just form the other side of the aisle)

...bobber, try One America News (OAN) and see if you like it.  I have only seen it while passing thru, but some people say it's "just news". :shrug:

Bloomberg seem to have more news and less commentary. The only time they have some commentary is when it comes to financials.

9 hours ago, i07nyc said:

Bloomberg seem to have more news and less commentary. The only time they have some commentary is when it comes to financials.

Not the case.

The "unbiased news" thing was a farce from day one, and it has a day one.  The whole idea came from the rise of radio, and true mass media in the the 20's and thirties.  And some of it was nothing more than a gimmick to sell ad time.

The WW2 reporters crowed from the rooftops about unbiased news reporting, while at the same time they submitted all their stories to the weasel gummit censors.

The New York Times in the late 30's, the arbiters of unbiased news, had reporters in the Soviet Union writing stories at the behest of Roosevelt (D) to make Marxism look okee dokee-and they did it for years.  Free speech has never been unbiased, and it never will be when it comes to social and political issues.

Heres a question (s).  Why the hell would you think it would be unbiased?

Some people talk of news.product as if they are owed an unbiased observation.  Why?

If a tv nmews show had no personal bias in it whatsoever.  Actually it cant even exist, its baloney.  What makes you think it could?

1 hour ago, Little said:

Heres a question (s).  Why the hell would you think it would be unbiased?

Some people talk of news.product as if they are owed an unbiased observation.  Why?

I never said unbiased, but less biased than many other outlets. Do you know how bloomberg makes money. Literally millions if not billions are made everyday based on their reporting. Its in bloombergs best interest to have as little bias as possible.

Where do you get your news from, and who do you think has the least bias.

Edited by i07nyc

2 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I never said unbiased, but less biased than many other outlets. Do you know how bloomberg makes money. Literally millions if not billions are made everyday based on their reporting. Its in bloombergs best interest to have as little bias as possible.

Where do you get your news from, and who do you think has the least bias.

The least bias would be  photo on twitter or instagram.

"Wreck on Fourth Street, here is a picture."

I get news from lots and lots of sources.  I have 2 news aggregators running on this laptop.  Hot Air and Bad Blue.

17 hours ago, fm/nj said:

...bobber, try One America News (OAN) and see if you like it.  I have only seen it while passing thru, but some people say it's "just news". :shrug:

+1

also, the Real News Network.

Both have what some folks here may remember ... something called "news" :) 

17 hours ago, fm/nj said:

Robert Herring, Sr., founder and CEO of the network, has ordered producers to promote certain types of content, such as pro-Trump stories, anti-Clinton stories and anti-abortion stories, and minimize stories about Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

4 hours ago, Little said:

The "unbiased news" thing was a farce from day one, and it has a day one....

...Some people talk of news.product as if they are owed an unbiased observation.  Why?

If a tv nmews show had no personal bias in it whatsoever.  Actually it cant even exist, its baloney.  What makes you think it could?

I agree