ChrisC

Fishing Reels on display...

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Am I the only one or does anyone else love their reels so much that they are decor during the off season? 

I have them sitting on a table in my room and as I walk by I pick them up, turn the handle a few times and just smile. I just sit there and stare at them sometimes imagining them putting in work.

Anyone else have such an infatuation with their fishing stuff...not just reels maybe...or is it just me?

1 hour ago, Mircopolo said:

What's off season?

Go North or South!  :D

:fire:

Ok I get it but i'm divorced and work in the car business (retail), every second i'm off from work i'm with the kids. Can't venture too far but once a year when I take a selfish vaca for myself to fish. Off season:bonk:

By decor do you mean....rods lying against couches and reels on every flat surface?

If so....count me in

54 mins ago, StriperPole said:

:fire:

Ok I get it but i'm Divorced and work in the car business (retail), every second i'm off from work i'm with the kids. Can't venture too far but once a year when I take a selfish vaca for myself to fish. Off season:bonk:

OK. in this case we can excuse you.

Your request for separation granted but divorce from fishing not!

:agree:

11 mins ago, Mircopolo said:

OK. in this case we can excuse you.

Your request for separation granted but divorce from fishing not!

:agree:

:thanks:  I know my 7yr old and my 5yr old daughters would love to camp out in the truck for 2-3 days but I would have to stop fishing to feed them and stuff.

Soon enough they won't want to hang out with the old man anymore....trying to put my time in now! 

3 hours ago, StriperPole said:

Am I the only one or does anyone else love their reels so much that they are decor during the off season? 

I have them sitting on a table in my room and as I walk by I pick them up, turn the handle a few times and just smile. I just sit there and stare at them sometimes imagining them putting in work.

Anyone else have such an infatuation with their fishing stuff...not just reels maybe...or is it just me?

I enjoy machines that are durable, well designed, and pleasing to the eye.

In the bedroom some of my reels, knives, and firearms are always within reach so I can pick them up and admire them.

No, your infatuation with your reels is not yours alone.

BIG fire proof gun safe. May have more $$$ in reels than guns (actually, not even close - more $$$ in guns)

Edited by ged

I don't display them.  But I have a long commute to work and I usually have a reel on the seat next to me.  If I am at a stop,  I may pick it up and crank it a few times and then put it back in the seat.  When I drive 3 or my 4 kids,  they will do the same.   The last child thinks it silly and immature.  Don't know where I went wrong with him.