Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Belichick is clearing the air

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I was on my way back from a meeting when he came on. Changed the channel as I’ve had enough of the talk. 

Either way, it’s not like he or others will be honest about this stuff. Understandably. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

13 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I was on my way back from a meeting when he came on. Changed the channel as I’ve had enough of the talk. 

Either way, it’s nit like h or others will be honest about this stuff. Understandably. 

Lol it is a big deal ...it was on world news that article.  Every sports radio station, around the clock coverage on NFL channel...even the feet sniffer commented on it..

Belichick praises Guerrero and says he has a great professional relationship, he said the last time he say Goodall was in Mexico for the Raider game, and it’s obvious that he gave praise to Kraft and Brady.  Every point of the ESPN article , was deflated.  So that writer better reveal his source and I hope ESPN bosses puts his job on the line to verify the source. Belichick says he has no time to comment on every anonymous source and he awaits to see who this source is. 

Now if Dinghy is thinking along Belichick lines , then I understand. But some how I don’t see Dingus to be as cool as Belichick. 

Edited by The Riddler

6 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Lol it is a big deal ...it was on world news that article.  Every sports radio station, around the clock coverage on NFL channel...even the feet sniffer commented on it..

Belichick praises Guerrero and says he has a great professional relationship, he said the last time he say Goodall was in Mexico for the Raider game, and it’s obvious that he gave praise to Kraft and Brady.  Every point of the ESPN article , was deflated.  So that writer better reveal his source and I hope ESPN bosses puts his job on the line to verify the source. Belichick says he has no time to comment on every anonymous source and he awaits to see who this source is. 

Now if Dinghy is thinking along Belichick lines , then I understand. But some how I don’t see Dingus to be as cool as Belichick. 

pretty much what I assumed he would say. again.

I think the cancer victim scammer is a lesser part of the story. the brady demanding special consideration for past performance, not getting it and running to Kraft,  is the most believable part of all this...

but it, admittedly, could also be 100% bs

Edited by HugeDinghy

40 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

pretty much what I assumed he would say. again.

I think the cancer victim scammer is a lesser part of the story. the brady demanding special consideration for past performance, not getting it and running to Kraft,  is the most believable part of all this...

but it, admittedly, could also be 100% bs

Choose a side Dingus lol

no side to take...just speculation....it'll all come out in the wash, as they say...it is what it is...like I said before, part of me wants the rumors to be true and BB to leave town in a huff, just to watch the annoying pats fans curl up in a ball :laugh:

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

no side to take...just speculation....it'll all come out in the wash, as they say...it is what it is...like I said before, part of me wants the rumors to be true and BB to leave town in a huff, just to watch the annoying pats fans curl up in a ball :laugh:

That’s just ****ing mean 

10 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

It will be like when kennedy was assassinated....LOL

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

He’s on now WEEI.

here is what I heard:  Bellichick paraphrasing

Everything is a private matter and its of no business of yours, Im concentrating on my football team, go FU yourself, I dislike the press and I can't believe how stupid you are believing an espn beat writer, I have no time or patience for conspiracy theories...we are on to foxboro

It was typical Bill.

Early they had the espn writer on with kirk and callahan and they ripped holes in the likely hood of timelines, sources, players, patriot staff and otherwise inside the walls of Gillette. The writer stuck to his story but seemed to defend unreasonable as to the accuracy and sources. 

I don't blame Kraft last year or next year or the year after that to keep Tom Brady at all costs as a New England patriot

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

So that writer better reveal his source and I hope ESPN bosses puts his job on the line to verify the source.

I love it when people comment, and in doing so they reveal how little they know about how journalism works. The statement above is idiotic on a couple of different levels: 

• The ESPN "bosses" -- in journalism they're called "editors" -- already know the identity of the anonymous source. The guy is not a mystery to them. Reporters may write a story without publishing the name of a source, but they don't hide it from the editors. 
  • Virtually no legitimate journalistic outlet, and I would begrudgingly include ESPN in that group, will publish a story based solely on information from a source who is demanding anonymity. Journalists are trained to look at this kind of information very skeptically, and the reporter (and his/her editors), look very critically at why the guy is talking, and why he wants to be anonymous. They take this stuff deathly seriously. 
  • Legit journos will not publish stories based on information from anonymous sources without corroboration from at least one, and usually two, different sources. These sources may also remain anonymous, but the idea is that if Guy A comes up to with a story, you don't run with it until you've corroborated that guy's story with Guy B and Gal C. 

I have no clue about the deal here, with ESPN and/or with the Pats. But my guess from understanding how these things typically work is that the ESPN story, which I've admittedly not read, is either mostly or completely accurate. 

Edited by Belmo

15 mins ago, iphish said:

don't blame Kraft last year or next year or the year after that to keep Tom Brady at all costs as a New England patriot

Neither would I

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

I love it when people comment, and in doing so they reveal how little they know about how journalism works. The statement above is idiotic on a couple of different levels: 

• The ESPN "bosses" -- in journalism they're called "editors" -- already know the identity of the anonymous source. The guy is not a mystery to them. Reporters may write a story without publishing the name of a source, but they don't hide it from the editors. 
  • Virtually no legitimate journalistic outlet, and I would begrudgingly include ESPN in that group, will publish a story based solely on information from a source who is demanding anonymity. Journalists are trained to look at this kind of information very skeptically, and the reporter (and his/her editors), look very critically at why the guy is talking, and why he wants to be anonymous. They take this stuff deathly seriously. 
  • Legit journos will not publish stories based on information from anonymous sources without corroboration from at least one, and usually two, different sources. These sources may also remain anonymous, but the idea is that if Guy A comes up to with a story, you don't run with it until you've corroborated that guy's story with Guy B and Gal C. 

I have no clue about the deal here, with ESPN and/or with the Pats. But my guess from understanding how these things typically work is that the ESPN story, which I've admittedly not read, is either mostly or completely accurate. 

What can I say, I'm a plumber.  ESPN should show their sources.