It's been a process...

Rate this topic

FunkyBunker

19 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Almost never happened. Turns out my stepsister and her husband had an offer on the place like 2 or 3 years ago but the bank took too long before they accepted the offer because it was a short-sale (like 8 or 9 months) and they weren't interested anymore. They ended up finding another place with a much larger property which was actually better for them. Bank balked at us for a while and kept seeing the property pop up on zillow and in the real estate mags for like $190k. Finally got a call from them and we got it for $160k. Not sure how it was on the market for so long with a bigger garage and a nice piece of land. 

Holy fuq. You couldn’t by 800 square foot condo around here for that. 

Nice!  Congratulations!  I'd probably hard plumb that clothes washer supply while it's open too.  The lever shut off as mentioned above is nice.  I just bought a replacement for mine.  The first one lasted 20+ years.

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

24 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Chop down those hickory tree's and sell some wood.  Plant a huge garden and setup a farm stand off your porch.  

They are big. 1 behind the house, 1 next to the stall, 1 in the field. Definitely a good amount of firewood.

3 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Location.  

Location isn't bad either. 

jerry-garcia-les-leffingwell.jpg

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Holy fuq. You couldn’t by 800 square foot condo around here for that. 

The 1st floor is the original structure. Probably was like 850-900 sq. ft. basic rancher. I pushed for an expanded rancher but got shot down by the old lady. She wanted a 2nd floor and a big attic. Attached the garage in order to gain a pantry and mud/laundry room. Luckily she is spoiled by her father who has his own home construction business and is helping us out quite a bit.