allen sklar

Random Image Thread 2018

Rate this topic

374 posts in this topic

Caught the biggest 2 drum of my life over the last 2 weeks, the first pic is my pb 55" with a 33" girth. The second was 54" with a 30" girth. The first red had battle scars, dorsal was partially missing and top of its tail lobed off, the second red was the best looking drum I've ever seen. I've never been happier

20181003_101305(0).jpg

20181004_131200.jpg

Formula puts it at 73.5 lbs as I always substrate an inch on a beach measure as is tail length.  Biggest 2 fish I have ever seen.  Congrats.  Close to state record for sure.

length x girth squared/800. WOW

10 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

Formula puts it at 73.5 lbs as I always substrate an inch on a beach measure as is tail length.  Biggest 2 fish I have ever seen.  Congrats.  Close to state record for sure.

length x girth squared/800. WOW

That's almost like holding an 80 lb. bag of concrete ...Surely enough to make a man's knee's buckle after the fight, holding it. Unless you're under 50 years old...haha      Good stuff.

Thanks guys, between how slick they are to begin with picking them up was a task that's for sure. Best part for me was walking them back out and releasing them. Some fish take a minute to come around and swim off, those beauties had no issues, in fact the biggest I was holding by the base of the tail and my other hand under its belly to release and revive until she was ready. I put her in the water, she slapped her tail across my open palm as if to say thanks see ya around and swam off strong.

5 hours ago, Sand said:

I'll second nice work.  How much do you suppose the big one weighed?

Serious estimate I would say they were both in the 60 pound range. No way I was holding those fish with arms extended.

17 hours ago, dave sharkman said:

The first red had battle scars, dorsal was partially missing and top of its tail lobed off, the second red was the best looking drum I've ever seen. I've never been happier

Congrats on the PB! Those are some thick fish.

The last bull red trip I took to the lower shore with the kayak this past spring I twice saw sharks pursuing bull reds right behind the shore break. You'd think by the time a fish reaches 50" it would be safe from becoming another critters dinner. Wrong.