Plug and teaser

2018 Massachusetts Random Images Thread

Rate this topic

522 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, big popper said:

that's why we were there...i was 16 17

Yup me too. Drinking age was 18 but I wasn't. 

A couple of those bar girls were sweethearts. They got a kick out of a kid being in there. I'm sure it was a big change from the usual married drunks. 

They'd treat me like a mascot. The bar tender would stop charging me for her $10.00 ice tea and keep the adult creeps away.

Fun times. Could tell some good stories...

Posted (edited) · Report post

48 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Yup me too. Drinking age was 18 but I wasn't. 

A couple of those bar girls were sweethearts. They got a kick out of a kid being in there. I'm sure it was a big change from the usual married drunks. 

They'd treat me like a mascot. The bar tender would stop charging me for her $10.00 ice tea and keep the adult creeps away.

Fun times. Could tell some good stories...

lol... we used to go to a club called the Chanel and see punk rock shows and then head to CZ fun times for sure. then sweat the what seemed like the endless ride back to RI

Edited by big popper

Oh the Channel! 

Not my scene by any stretch but something that was worth a couple visits to see the Freakshow. 

Talk about endless rides!

First time I ever drove a car in the city or on the highway. Age 16.

Me and my buddy got chased out of a dive bar when we couldn't pay our tab.

When we arrived breathless at my buddy's mom's car, he informed me he was too drunk to drive, then passed out.

Faced with spending the night in a combat zone parking lot, just a kid, maybe 3 or 4 lessons at drivers ed, I said F that, took off driving at random. 

Somehow, no idea how freaking lucky I was, I took every sign that said "West" and somehow blundered on to route 2 and home.

A miracle we made it.

Come to find out, my buddy never had permission to use the car and was kicked out of his house.

The car was reported stolen, and me like a dummy, no clue, drove right through town, drunk, no driver's license, and parked in his mom's driveway. I walked away and left him asleep in the passenger seat. 

He never knew how he got home.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, KidDkivahh said:

Those Mooselooks wont see any action . These have some sentimental value to me . I'm not much of a troller anyway but when I do I'm using streamers. The knife's a whittling model that may prompt me to get back into carving fish decoys . 

Got the same knife, stropped it up wicked sharp and got going on some basswood. Pleasant way to spend winter evenings.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, mikez2 said:

Oh the Channel! 

Not my scene by any stretch but something that was worth a couple visits to see the Freakshow. 

Talk about endless rides!

First time I ever drove a car in the city or on the highway. Age 16.

Me and my buddy got chased out of a dive bar when we couldn't pay our tab.

When we arrived breathless at my buddy's mom's car, he informed me he was too drunk to drive, then passed out.

Faced with spending the night in a combat zone parking lot, just a kid, maybe 3 or 4 lessons at drivers ed, I said F that, took off driving at random. 

Somehow, no idea how freaking lucky I was, I took every sign that said "West" and somehow blundered on to route 2 and home.

A miracle we made it.

Come to find out, my buddy never had permission to use the car and was kicked out of his house.

The car was reported stolen, and me like a dummy, no clue, drove right through town, drunk, no driver's license, and parked in his mom's driveway. I walked away and left him asleep in the passenger seat. 

He never knew how he got home.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, big popper said:

lol... we used to go to a club called the Chanel and see punk rock shows and then head to CZ fun times for sure. then sweat the what seemed like the endless ride back to RI

theres a really good chance you guys had gay sex in the same club bathroom! 

44 mins ago, otiscop said:

Got the same knife, stropped it up wicked sharp and got going on some basswood. Pleasant way to spend winter evenings.

Basswood's nice stuff to work with by hand . I might pick up some to play with this summer . 

20 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Strange.

Very consistent reoccurring theme in your posts...

11 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

:laugh:

10 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

big popper was once known as the Liberace of Providence

:beatin:

14 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Ok, addressing the topic seriously, my Urban Nightlife career was short, part of Childhood Gone Wrong adventures. 

I never did encounter queers in mens

rooms back then. Probably were there, never noticed. 

What I did see lots and lots of was coke fiends snorting or shooting in stalls. Very popular back then.

As to that other thing, keeping with the urban theme and getting back to fishing....

Night fishing south Boston I did learn early on not to look into the windows of cars parked in the lot at Castle Island late at night as I walked by.:eek: