bonefishdick

2018 All Things Fly Fishing

563 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I believe the cuda was taken from the beach on a spinning rod.  They tried to get a fly bite but no love -

12 hours ago, DrBob said:

Mr. Horsley,

You are a very talented photographer.

Thanks  more lucky than good 

That cuda was taken from the surf/beach on a spinning rod.  They tried the fly first but no love 

Edited by bhorsley

14 hours ago, matt_man said:

If the weather continues as it has been then you have a good chance of finding them. Snow is all but gone, and the rain has been so heavy that we are currently having a runoff event.

FLW.png

Matt- we are looking at up to a foot tomorrow and more over the weekend.  There are a couple of pretty reliable winter spots in Maine that see a lot of traffic. Once is a heavily stocked fishery ( especially brood stock) and sees a lot of pressure.  The other is stocked spring and fall in one area and only spring stocked in the other.  If ice free, it will produce all winter.  Last Saturday morning it was -8; it was not ice free....

Some kind of small stonefly. 

Its been in the mid 50's here in central Oregon and is going to continue to be for the foreseeable future. 

9 hours ago, PhillyPhisher said:

Some kind of small stonefly. 

Its been in the mid 50's here in central Oregon and is going to continue to be for the foreseeable future. 

Skwalla?  Greenish body? 

Posted (edited)

I'm still playing with my camera using the mini tripod and the timer and the lighting but I like the results, these are just a couple more of my Florida flies that I shot before but I like these pictures much better.

P1100137sol.JPG.dc7299ee79304cc906e9bc740a1b0e50.JPGP1100148sol.JPG.a5846172ba8b22f016b137b43c795f29.JPG

Edited by bonefishdick

1 hour ago, titleguy said:

I hope to hit them in about a month in Montana.

Yeah I think it's usually a March thing around here too. This weather has stuff all screwy

On 2/8/2018 at 0:59 PM, bonefishdick said:

I'm still playing with my camera using the mini tripod and the timer and the lighting but I like the results, these are just a couple more of my Florida flies that I shot before but I like these pictures much better.

P1100137sol.JPG.dc7299ee79304cc906e9bc740a1b0e50.JPGP1100148sol.JPG.a5846172ba8b22f016b137b43c795f29.JPG

Love the bottom one. Best beach snook fly for me while in Mexico.I bet it would catch stripers easy...

Cheers

5 mins ago, Stonefish said:

Blackmouth my buddy Tim caught during a windy Sunday session.

SF

1C86079E-16D1-4ECC-AAFE-1101E19385E9.jpeg

nice.  I took my spey rod for a walk on my usual striper beach in 35 degree rain yesterday.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, Stonefish said:

Blackmouth my buddy Tim caught during a windy Sunday session.

SF

1C86079E-16D1-4ECC-AAFE-1101E19385E9.jpeg

thats a beauty. must have been cold. you guys ever get an adult chinook off the beach up there?