bonefishdick

2018 All Things Fly Fishing

562 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Stonefish said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That last photo really shows that fly you tyed up and shared on the Fly Tying Board. Nice fish!

Beauty...  I fished yesterday at a favorite winter spot- really just an excuse to smoke a cigar.  Just pulled the trigger on my ticket to Bozeman March 10-17, hoping to hit skwallas.

Posted (edited)

I made a half dozen of these prior to the Pats game just to help pass the time until kick off. That is all a want to say about that subject.

I decided to play around with my camera using a small tripod using my timer and a macro setting after reading a post my from another tier to see what kind of results I would get. I like what the outcome was and will most likely continue doing my fly pictures like this.

P1100116sol.JPG.f80d5dc128899ef9410d583a3bd507d9.JPG

Edited by bonefishdick

I got to tag along with my wife to Black Fly Lodge on Abaco.  She and Bruce Chard teach several ladies bonefish schools there each year.  

B16_1260.jpg

B16_1052.jpg

B16_1134.jpg

SG5_1309-Edit.jpg

B16_0945-Edit-2.jpg

On 1/29/2018 at 7:48 AM, titleguy said:

Beauty...  I fished yesterday at a favorite winter spot- really just an excuse to smoke a cigar.  Just pulled the trigger on my ticket to Bozeman March 10-17, hoping to hit skwallas.

If the weather continues as it has been then you have a good chance of finding them. Snow is all but gone, and the rain has been so heavy that we are currently having a runoff event.

FLW.png

Posted (edited)

I bet that cuda on the wall (and I assume is the same one in the photo below the mount ) would be awesome on the fly

Edited by robmedina