bonefishdick

2018 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

680 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, Highlandsaltyfly said:

Hi Flyguy

OWWWCHH! Right into the meat.

Another benefit of barbless hooks!

Hope you practiced catch and release and let it live to fight another day.

Jim

Yeah let that pig go. Was a slow day so atleast I didn’t get skunked!

Ouch.....  I planted a striper bugger in the back of my head the other day and I broke a rod.... and I have been skunked last  3 outings.  Taking a few days off.

7 mins ago, titleguy said:

Ouch.....  I planted a striper bugger in the back of my head the other day and I broke a rod.... and I have been skunked last  3 outings.  Taking a few days off.

Sorry to here about the rod and the hooking lol. Yeah I have only been picking up a dink here and there the last few times out. So many pogies around not surprised the fishing has slowed down a bit. I got a 4 wt switch rod so gonna hit the smallies for a bit I think and maybe head north for some better species 

1 hour ago, Theflyguy said:

Sorry to here about the rod and the hooking lol. Yeah I have only been picking up a dink here and there the last few times out. So many pogies around not surprised the fishing has slowed down a bit. I got a 4 wt switch rod so gonna hit the smallies for a bit I think and maybe head north for some better species 

I may go to the West Branch this weekend for one night or I may go to MA and pick up a boat to use for the rest of the season.

Went out with a buddy yesterday, sight fished some big rainbows and a decent brown with nymph rigs in CO. Used the Pat Dorsey indicator system (yarn) for the first time and really liked it

brian and steve 1.jpg

steve rainbow 2.jpg

steve rainbow.jpg

Edited by bigredgolf

Hit the beach this morning for the northern salmon opener.

Landed two resident hatchery coho within the first 20 minutes or so.

Let them both go as I wanted to fish longer and figured I'd catch more.....mistake!

Ended up catching one more but it was wild and they can't be retained.

The BBQ will be lonely tonight but having Dungeness crab in the frig is a decent consolation prize.

SF

image.jpeg

More from the west coast...  Good Calico bite near El Segundo.  They get toothy when they get bigger and the net and boga is helpful

calico.jpg