2018 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

bonefishdick

So I went back to my Junkyard stream for a little carpin fun.  I hiked upstream more and found a small pond that was loaded with carp between 2 and 10 pounds, but they seemed to be more interested in breedin than feedin! Went back downstream where the spring is causing it to overgrow with Japanese Knotweed.  Got one nice one.  The pictures of the fog on the road is actually clouds of Pine Pollen blowing across the road!!  Tough breathing!

0524180850a.jpg

0524180943.jpg

0524180941.jpg

0524180809.jpg

0524180809a.jpg

Edited by flyman28
Spelling correction

3 mins ago, bigredgolf said:

Nice Titleguy. Which line were you using that made the snap-t work? Good idea

350 OPST commando head with a 10 ft T14, connectcore running line.  4 feet of 15 lb fluoro to a size 2 clouser.  Gotta tie flies this weekend....  We're talking 15-20 wind sustained coming over my left shoulder ( I'm left handed)  The snap t was working better than the upstream perry.  That rod is a blast to fight fish on.

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

Just got back from a week in the Poconos.  My fishing buddies and I rented a house on Fairview Lake not far from Lake Wallenpaupack.   I spent most of my time casting off the docks at the house.  Drew the short straw for a trip to Shohola Reservoir.  Three seat boat and four guys.  Had a decent week.  Caught a bunch of rock bass, bluegills, pumpkinseeds and a couple of bass and pickerel.  The sunfish were just starting to spawn.  Here's a couple of the fish I picked up in Fairview.  The bass was worth the trip.

P5210247 (2).JPG

P5210250 (2).JPG

P5210253 (2).JPG

P5210249.JPG

7 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

I am thinking of getting the opst lazer line for my 7 wt Spey rod anyone here used it? Heard it was pretty nice. I know Alan L uses it but I haven’t seen him around 

I just put it on my 9 wt spey.  Havent used it yet 

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

I have a laser line on my 4 wt echo single hand rod that I scandi with and I use the same setup on my echo 3 wt dh rod . I love it . My favorite running line ! It's all down to what you like though . The lazer line has very little memory and goes a mile .

Thanks , Jim