bonefishdick

2018 All Things Fly Fishing

569 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To continue with the same theme as we have all done the last two years. To start the change from 2017 to 2018. Again not my photo but it will work to get the ball rolling. 

5a48d5d6e289d_2017-2018sol.jpg.343ad3943d2c55807941d9ee057d87c0.jpg

Edited by bonefishdick

On 1/3/2018 at 7:37 PM, PhillyPhisher said:

First fish of the year. 

image.jpeg

You're off to a great start. Well done!

Looking for a recommendation on a basic/introductory fly tying kit for saltwater. I will be tying deceivers from 2/0 to 5/0.

Thanks

I think posting in the fly tying section might get you a bit more information. If you were to just google fly tying kits you would get some good hits. The thing you have to keep in mind is most fly tying kits are usually geared towards beginners and they will only provide you a basic vice and tools and some materials. You are not going to find a kit that will give you the materials to tie in the sizes you mention

I don't know where in the Commonwealth of Mass that you live but if the Bearsden in Taunton is a reasonable commute, they do sell some starter kits I believe and more importantly they may be able to help set you up in a more practical way.

Getting busy at the vise.

Nicaragua in February !

Have a good day

^..^  

20180107_094718A.jpg

Good stuff guys.  Hoping this warm up open up some water so I can try for my January fish.  I may need to really travel to find one.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:25 PM, bonefishdick said:

I think posting in the fly tying section might get you a bit more information. If you were to just google fly tying kits you would get some good hits. The thing you have to keep in mind is most fly tying kits are usually geared towards beginners and they will only provide you a basic vice and tools and some materials. You are not going to find a kit that will give you the materials to tie in the sizes you mention

I don't know where in the Commonwealth of Mass that you live but if the Bearsden in Taunton is a reasonable commute, they do sell some starter kits I believe and more importantly they may be able to help set you up in a more practical way.

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Managed to find some bass psuedo blitzing this past week. Size was pretty small, with the majority in the upper twenties, think we had one or two that touched thirty. Regardless, they still were rather juiced up and would run down from the surface to about 80-100' a handful of times. Haven't caught bass in a minute, I forgot how fun it is to fish for a stupid species that'll eat anything.

451F.jpg.c8e903c056c46e244d41b9b8ba9dbc12.jpg

452F.jpg.4975871b5414dc69542d92a30cb1ca3e.jpg

Edited by matt_man