Possum

We have lost a great friend

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

One of those rare guys that made you feel like he's known you forever.  Will be a little weird not finding my way to his camper for a drink and to hear what is broke on the jeep this year.  One of a kind man and he will be missed.  Good thoughts and prayers to his family.  

God Speed Earl.

BOH

I never had the pleasure of meeting Earl, but I enjoyed his presence here on the board. My condolences to his family and I hope he will enjoy blitz after blitz on his new beach.

Earl is a great sportsman, a comedian and probably more. We followed and loved his posts here in SOL. A bad day in office disappear when I read his posts. We met him one time at the pump station when it was brutally cold airing up. He looked exhausted and yet was able to strike a smile and said good night. That was the last time we saw him.

Our condolences to the wife & whole family. He will certainly be missed...

I did not know him, although I was hoping to make meeting him a priority in the spring. Sadly, too late.

I'm a bit confused....I thought he was much older...the picture Allen posted suggests he's in his early 50's and in great shape(?). Regardless, as others have noted, it seems to be that the people who mean the most pass far too soon. I'm in my early 40's and I can start to see things a bit differently lately.   All of my memories start the same...."10-15 years ago, we used to....(fill in the blank)" I need to start making more memories and meeting new people. RIP from a fan and fellow fisherman! 

Truly a sad day.  I only got to BS with him a handful of times, but each was an absolute blast! Here's to tight lines, a never-ending "2nd shift" & emoji thingies that always work up there.  RIP Earl.:theman: :angel: 

Such sad news . Last chat I had with Earl was this Fall . Talked mostly about the differential on his  Jeep being outta whack and how an experienced fella like himself knows how to make it down the beach without 4 wheel drive "Don't Stop."  .  One of my most exciting moments on Stripers Online was when I finally made the Earl Awards . Made my day  with that one.  He was always great with my kids . And was quick to note how many of them there were .  LOL  . Nothing but good when you think of Earl . Not many like that these days .   

Rest Easy Earl ,

You will be missed .

I started out on this forum as a bit of an outsider, still kind of am. VA Earl was one of the SOL guys who always made me feel the most welcome and I am sure I am one of many who feel that way. When someone introduced themselves to SOL, Earl was always the first guy to welcome the newcomer. I felt accepted :thanks: when I got a shoutout in one of VA Earl's posts, I think about the Youngins vs. The ARRP idea. I fished on the other side of a point from Earl a couple springs ago. I watched him as he laid back in his beach chair under an umbrella with a three rod spread non of which were more than 10 feet from him. He didn't get up much. I found out later that he had one hell of a bite a couple hours earlier with several big stripers and some blackies. Maybe there is something to that comfert fishin after all (did I spell that right? :stick:?). I will try to learn from Earl relax a little more, enjoy fishing more, and keep my spread a little tighter. RIP Earl