We have lost a great friend

Rate this topic

Possum

I'm heartbroken and sad. Earl was a friend and a very good man. I would drive the beach and Earl was always the one guy I would always stop to check on. He was a humble man with a great sense of humor. His best asset was the ability to laugh at himself. He was a fine gentleman. I really appreciate all his talks and jokes. AI won't be the same for me. I will miss seeing those rocket launchers a mile away. Fish on Earl! I'm sure heaven has an endless supply of ice and bait. I will miss you so much.

This is the first photograph I have of Earl. I had seen his jeep go by me for many years but  never spoke to him. Dennis had a fish on the beach and Earl stopped to have a look....and accidentally got in the frame. 12 years ago....we chatted a bit and eventually became good friends. We had a lot of laughs about him cheating death, had scars everywhere from past surgery's.....he was always wanting me to come drink some gin but I never did......I've lost so many fishing pals....it is becoming depressing.....still looking for some more photos but have to go through over 10 years of photography.....

Rest in Peace Earl 

DSC_0131.JPG

Just saw this.  Very said news.  I am stunned, was not expecting to see something like this today.  I always enjoyed seeing and speaking to Earl.  Had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years, we enjoyed some gin together on numerous  occasions. I remember first meeting Earl, Allen and I commented on how Earl did not get super excited about me catching a drum, which indicated to us that he had caught his fair share of drum.  Others usually freak out when they see the drum, Earl did not.  He was laid back and mellow.  Our friendship started that day, which I am grateful for.   As others have said, the beach will not be the same without Earl.  He will be missed. 

Condolences to his family and friends that knew him better than I.    

Erik, if you hear anything about a service please let me/us know.  Earl did not live that far from me in Va.  

Dennis

I never met Earl but have the utmost respect for him as a man and a dedicated fisherman. He seemed to alway's mention me in his "Earl Awards" which were always well thought out and amusing. I will sorely miss his posts here on the Delmarva Forum and my sincere condolences go out to all his family and friends for their loss....... Rest in Peace Earl!

2 hours ago, allen sklar said:

This is the first photograph I have of Earl. I had seen his jeep go by me for many years but  never spoke to him. Dennis had a fish on the beach and Earl stopped to have a look....and accidentally got in the frame. 12 years ago....we chatted a bit and eventually became good friends. We had a lot of laughs about him cheating death, had scars everywhere from past surgery's.....he was always wanting me to come drink some gin but I never did......I've lost so many fishing pals....it is becoming depressing.....still looking for some more photos but have to go through over 10 years of photography.....

Rest in Peace Earl 

DSC_0131.JPG

...that's a great photo of Earl.  He sure looks young there!  First time I ever met him, he offered me a drink of gin too.  :th: It really is depressing losing fishing pals.  A very special camaraderie.

...fm/nj