y0ukn0wit

Anyone have experience with the WS Radar 115 or 135?

4 posts in this topic

Just looking for some input. I'm in search of a new toy in a form of a fishing kayak. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these Wilderness Systems Radar 115 or 135 kayaks in the salt or just some general feedback? I'll be fishing mostly lakes near my house and the sound with an occasional beach launch. Thanks 

I have a 135.  It's big and heavy. The pedal drive works well but it does snag weeds and is a little cumbersome to retract.  There is removable box where you can mount a fish finder and it will work with side scan but you can't mount the screen to the box and use the pedal drive because when you retract it, the pedals will hit the screen. 

It's stable and paddles okay.  They have a lot of tracks for mounting accessories. They have spots where you could theoretically mount flush mounts but there isn't internal access to that area. I haven't done it because I don't know what lies beneath. I don't want to cut holes and then see there is something structural in there. 

On 12/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, Patrick9915 said:

I have a 135.  It's big and heavy. The pedal drive works well but it does snag weeds and is a little cumbersome to retract.  There is removable box where you can mount a fish finder and it will work with side scan but you can't mount the screen to the box and use the pedal drive because when you retract it, the pedals will hit the screen. 

It's stable and paddles okay.  They have a lot of tracks for mounting accessories. They have spots where you could theoretically mount flush mounts but there isn't internal access to that area. I haven't done it because I don't know what lies beneath. I don't want to cut holes and then see there is something structural in there. 

Thanks for your input! Trying to decide on a vessel is tough sight unseen and there are so many options. The weight is definitely a deciding factor as I will be roof mounting this thing on my SUV.