Fiberglass cap prices

Fergal

anyone got a ballpark price for a cap for a tundra or f150? i've asked for some quotes but haven't yet heard anything back. i'm looking at a leer 100xq and and a.r.e. z series or overland series. i know there are a lot of options, etc. just looking at a ballpark on a soon to be snowy saturday.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is old but I'll put this up in case anyone is interested.Ā  Ā I've been doing a bunch of research since I'm getting ready to pull the trigger for my '16 F150.Ā  The ARE Z series and the Leer XQ are the top of the line for each company and are priced almost identically.Ā  Every dealer I've spoken with told me the ARE Z is superior in quality and fit for the F150.Ā  This is coming from dealers that sell both brands.Ā  That lowest quote I've gotten was $2,450 which includes the drop down front sliding window add on ($90-125) and the e-lock ($220) which ties the lock into your key fob.Ā  IMO they're both a must have otherwise you'll never be able to clean the glass.Ā  Other than the one low quote everyone else has fallen in the $2,650-$2,800 range for the cap and 2 add ons.Ā  If you want to add a track for a roof rack it'sĀ  $189 on top of that orĀ if you want the tracks and Yakima jetstream crossbars it'sĀ $389. Carpet is standard and all prices include the install.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If you have a 2015 F150 or newer question the installer.Ā  You can't just tieĀ the brakelight into a taillight, apparently that'll throw some towing codes.Ā  The light had to be loomed and run into the cab of the truck. From what I've been toldĀ it's quite common for installers to take the easy and wrong route.

Ā 

In sum, you can easily shell out $3K on a ARE Z series but you have to remember that this isĀ the cream of the crop.Ā  You can get lower level caps installed in the $1,500 range.Ā