Yanks in talks for getting Stanton!!!!!

Rate this topic

puff tentacle

First off , I am a sick , and suffering Met fan , but when I watched the playoffs with my Yankee fan friends I really started to enjoy and even root for the Baby Bombers.  I liked the way they played , there enthusiasm , and I think I liked the fact that they weren't a team filled with high priced free agents .  I liked that a bunch of them were home grown and they seem to carry themselves well, especially that kid Aaron Judge.    But I just heard that they are in talks with the Marlins for a possible trade for Giancarlo Stanton and I am not thrilled with it.   Again , I am not a true Yankee fan so I am interested in the Yankee fans perspective on this.  Sounds like a no brainer in theory to want him and his huge numbers but maybe if he comes that changes the chemistry of the team in a negative way, maybe they can get a few lesser name players to complete the puzzle. 

I am a met fan and we are so dysfunctional that I would want him but we aren't close to winning jack.   You guys are on the cusp of a run that be great for a few years.    Curious what you Yankee fans think

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common

Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

Stanton is owed $295 million over the next 10 years, that type money should be invested in pitching, not batting.

I guess they really did not learn their lesson making stupid long term huge money deals with Arod.

Aside that, I can't imagine a lineup with Stanton, Judge, Sanchez and Didi........Murderers row 2018.    :eek:

Stanton and Judge together would be great for baseball I would think, not so good for my redsox :(.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

Too many strike outs in the middle of the line up with the Judge/Stanton combo. Lets presume they get (on average) 8 at bats per game. Even if one of them or the other crushes a home rum every single game, that's 7 other outs in that game...and as a pitcher, I'll take 7 automatic outs per game. They'll feast on pitchers who can't throw above 92-93 mph and be helpless against anyone who knows how to pitch at the major league level (too many of them rely on their raw talent and don't craft their game...Justin Verlander isn't the most powerful pitcher in the game, but pitches like he is because he perfectly blended very good raw power and craft...there is plenty of young talent with the raw skill sets to be the next Verlander, but are either too stubborn, or the learning capacity to get there)

As a lifelong Yankee fan,  I personally would've been happy going forward with the same lineup,  adding a starting pitcher, maybe bring up a couple of more prospects.  But, since it doesn't seem like we gave up that much ,  none of the star kids,  welcome to New York Stanton !  (Of course , when he breaks down ,  is old, and still making 26 million in  a few years,  well, you know the story).

On 12/9/2017 at 10:19 AM, albacized said:

Too many strike outs in the middle of the line up with the Judge/Stanton combo. Lets presume they get (on average) 8 at bats per game. Even if one of them or the other crushes a home rum every single game, that's 7 other outs in that game...and as a pitcher, I'll take 7 automatic outs per game.........

This is psychotic, no offense.

That has them with a Batting average of .125.  Not realistic.

It also has them each with 81HR, 81R, and 81RBI, at an absolute minimum, not accounting for runners on base when they homer.

You absolutely can argue "there are a lot of strikeouts in that lineup," agreed, but the rest?  Yikes!

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

This is psychotic, no offense.

That has them with a Batting average of .125.  Not realistic.

It also has them each with 81HR, 81R, and 81RBI, at an absolute minimum, not accounting for runners on base when they homer.

You absolutely can argue "there are a lot of strikeouts in that lineup," agreed, but the rest?  Yikes!

I think with this line up you will see the 1st time in MLB history 3 players on the same team hit 50 HRs  Judge , Stanton , Sanchez  Mantle & Maris did it somebody correct me If i'm wrong , somebody is going to get 200 BB lol 

If it has fins i want to catch it 

31 mins ago, Hook I said:

I think with this line up you will see the 1st time in MLB history 3 players on the same team hit 50 HRs  Judge , Stanton , Sanchez  Mantle & Maris did it somebody correct me If i'm wrong , somebody is going to get 200 BB lol 

If the baseball gods offered all 3 hitting 40, I'd take that offer right now.

There are potentially a ridiculous amount of HR's, yes, but the potential is also there for a truly hysterical amount of Ks.  And Walks.  And who the hell knows.

Where is the break in the lineup, where a pitcher can have even 1 sane inning?

Gardner (L)

Judge (R)

Bird (L)

Stanton (R)

Didi (L)

Sanchez (R)

Hicks (S)

Gleyber (R)

Headley (S)

The all time team record for home run is 264, Seattle.  This team has a shot at that.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt...............

- Don't forget that Didi, Bird, Sanchez, Gleyber and especially Stanton have all been injured.

- Judge was basically AWOL for all of August.

- Stanton has yet to deal with the NY media.

It is very easy to envision this team with so much potential burned to ash by July with Sanchez and Didi hurt, Judge slumping, Stanton shell shocked by NY booing, Gleyber struggling in his rookie year, and Bird having a nervous breakdown (again).

So let's not count our chickens.

I really don't see Bird that far up in the line up , Has not played a whole season yet , career at bats is a@ 305 , he's not ready for a # 3 hitter yet , has not proved to me anyway  , I think he will be one of these fragile players , Di DI before Sanchez nope . 

18 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

I'm not necessarily advocating Bird for the 3 hole, but we have to break up the Judge/Stanton/Sanchez Righty brigade somehow, and Bird/Didi are the 2 players to do it with.

At least, until we Harper.  :p

I don’t think it will matter here is why , all three can power to left and center deep if anyone pitches anything but out side plate . All hit it alot of HRs to right field , you want all three as many plate appearances durning the game . That is why Judge is  # 2 but Sanchez proved to be a better hitter in my eyes .