Yanks in talks for getting Stanton!!!!!

Rate this topic

puff tentacle

1 min ago, FunkyBunker said:

My GF's brother is huge into sports and follows all the contract and trade stuff. As much as i would love to eventually see Trout in a Phillies uniform, he thinks they are going for Machado AND Harper. 

I'll take that everyday.

Although, It would be cool to see Trout play for his home team 

14 hours ago, Hook I said:

Send him and Betances or him and Gardner for a Starter.  

At this moment Betances is worth a warm 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon at best

We need Gardies speed /table setting and more importantly his veteran presence in the locker room. I think it would be a huge mistake to let him leave.

I see Judge and Stanton, since they're both righties, splitting RF evenly, every other day one is DH one is in RF. That's enough to keep both fresh and sharp and it cuts the odds of injury by 50%.

Headly might be expendable if Miguel Andujar is ready

What do the Yanks do with Tyler Austin ? Keep or trade ?

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

15 mins ago, Sudsy said:

We need Gardies speed /table setting and more importantly his veteran presence in the locker room. I think it would be a huge mistake to let him leave.

I see Judge and Stanton, since they're both righties, splitting RF evenly, every other day one is DH one is in RF. That's enough to keep both fresh and sharp and it cuts the odds of injury by 50%.

Nice solution 

17 mins ago, Sudsy said:

At this moment Betances is worth a warm 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon at best   other teams like him & will take their chances go back & re read the post between Joe  &  I  will explain 

I see Judge and Stanton, since they're both righties, splitting RF evenly, every other day one is DH one is in RF. That's enough to keep both fresh and sharp and it cuts the odds of injury by 50%. I don't but I can be wrong 

Headly might be expendable if Miguel Andujar is ready   not ready 

What do the Yanks do with Tyler Austin ? Keep or trade ?   I don't think he will sell T shirts... trade him 

Edited by Hook I

If it has fins i want to catch it 

Gardner is making 11 million, and is a good player, so he's likely to go.

Yanks have put out there that they're willing to eat half of Elsbury's contract to give him away, but he has a no trade and evidently doesn't want to leave.  We are stuck with him, bad, and stuck ugly.

Betances needs to get fixed.  Not benched, or demoted, or dumped, or traded.  Fixed.  He's got some of the nastiest stuff in MLB.  If you want to fix him, then trade him once his value is restored, fine, but any way you look at it, he has to get fixed before anything else is done with him.

Big question now is will Stanton fit in without causing issues.............  

Judge and Sanchez the face of the team. Now, not so much.  

Judge, Sanchez, and Bird, all making not much, all coming along nicely, now there's someone making 325 million in with them.

Judge was to be the Right Fielder for the next decade.  Now, we're casually tossing him to Left or DH for an outsider.

The Yanks were a young team easy to like, but now they've become the evil empire again, overnight.  How will that affect the kids?

The Yanks seem to be intent on avoiding luxury tax.  Good luck with that now.

Will this prevent them from signing pitching help?

I'm not saying it's a bad move.  Can't pass up on a league MVP for essentially nothing, but this whole thing isn't as clean as we'd like it to be.

Think they arejust positioning themselves. Winter meetings are this week, I think!

Trades will be made to get them some pitching help. They need it. I don’t know the players like you guys. 

If they trade Gardner they’re foolish. Perfect pain in the ass lead off guy that every team wants(which makes him very tradable). Your kids are, Bird, Judge, the red head, DiDi and Sanchez, right? Can prob get a nice pitcher for Bird(I know he’s a favorite of JZs) but you can’t have it all.

The pitcher you speak of Betances, trade him!! Let someone else fix him. As an outsider, I’ve noticed you Yankees fans think your prospects are the second coming :D ! Eff it! As a Phillies fan, I’d rather win today and the next 5 years then worry about fixing someone! 

47 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

A nice pitcher for Bird?!?

He's the 1B for the next decade.  He's not going anywhere.

He's the premier Lefty power hitter in between Judge and Stanton.

G O I N G ....... N O W H E R E.  :p

Bird before Sanchez  ?  not going anywhere ? Tom Seaver , Frank Robinson , Roger Clemens , Mike Piazza , Alex Rodriguez  all were traded do you put Bird in this group ? 

If it has fins i want to catch it 

27 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

they're not going to trade betances now, when his value is lowest - that wouldn't make any sense.

Yanks need pitching  NOW!! 

He has value.  If they don’t like the trade, they don’t have to make it, correct?

What could it hurt to go fishing?