Yanks in talks for getting Stanton!!!!!

Rate this topic

puff tentacle

First off , I am a sick , and suffering Met fan , but when I watched the playoffs with my Yankee fan friends I really started to enjoy and even root for the Baby Bombers.  I liked the way they played , their enthusiasm , and I think I liked the fact that they weren't a team filled with high priced free agents .  I liked that a bunch of them were home grown and they seem to carry themselves well, especially that kid Aaron Judge.    But I just heard that they are in talks with the Marlins for a possible trade for Giancarlo Stanton and I am not thrilled with it.   Again , I am not a true Yankee fan so I am interested in the Yankee fans perspective on this.  Sounds like a no brainer in theory to want him and his huge numbers but maybe if he comes that changes the chemistry of the team in a negative way, maybe they can get a few lesser name players to complete the puzzle. 

I am a met fan and we are so dysfunctional that I would want him but we aren't close to winning jack.   You guys are on the cusp of a run that be great for a few years.    Curious what you Yankee fans think

Edited by puff tentacle

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common

15 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Well, since they went out and got one, might as well go get the other.  Bring on Machado, and let's just  be done with it already.

Both Machado & Harper will be free agents next year

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

Some idiot Red Sox fans saying on the radio the Sox lost out......Stanton has to waive his no trade clause and he refused to come to Boston....there's no losing out. 

Think about it. He's coming from Miami with a night club life......he will get the night life in New York....Boston has no night life beyond 2am.....so that's that..plus we are Wacist...lol

42 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Some idiot Red Sox fans saying on the radio the Sox lost out......Stanton has to waive his no trade clause and he refused to come to Boston....there's no losing out. 

Think about it. He's coming from Miami with a night club life......he will get the night life in New York....Boston has no night life beyond 2am.....so that's that..plus we are Wacist...lol

I worked a Sports Night Club on the Upper East side of NYC Manhattan during the late 1970's / early 80's eventually the Yankees & Mets organizations both SUGGESTED players from socializing in the Nightclub atmosphere not like the NFL. If Stanton wants to get laid they will be knocking on his hotel room door 24/7   

If it has fins i want to catch it