BrianBM

Keanu Reeves

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

I've been watching John Wick, #1 and #2, and while neither movie makes much sense, they're lots of fun. Great shooting &  fighting scenes.

I know Reeves is serious about shooting, and participates in 3-gun competitions.  Is he also into martial arts, and does he do some of those action scenes himself?  The fighting isn't completely plausible (wide punches that would be easily blocked; knee attacks from MMM contests, some decent looking throws and some bone locks that would end a fight instantly if one combatant succeeded in breaking the other's arms) but it does make for a good fight scene.

Looking forward to Wick #3.  Ian McShane, Ruby Rose - that petitely pretty assassin - and "Common", another assassin - they'll all be back, I'm sure.

6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I've been watching John Wick, #1 and #2, and while neither movie makes much sense, they're lots of fun. Great shooting &  fighting scenes.

I know Reeves is serious about shooting, and participates in 3-gun competitions.  Is he also into martial arts, and does he do some of those action scenes himself?  The fighting isn't completely plausible (wide punches that would be easily blocked; knee attacks from MMM contests, some decent looking throws and some bone locks that would end a fight instantly if one combatant succeeded in breaking the other's arms) but it does make for a good fight scene.

Looking forward to Wick #3.  Ian McShane, Ruby Rose - that petitely pretty assassin - and "Common", another assassin - they'll all be back, I'm sure.

I recommend contacting Terry Mac for a subscription to Tiger Beat. 

terrible actor IMO.  Should have cast someone else in Point break, which actually had the story line of a decent movie, he screwed it up.

1 min ago, iphish said:

terrible actor IMO.  Should have cast someone else in Point break, which actually had the story line of a decent movie, he screwed it up.

Point Break is a classic. How dare you! You should be ashamed! Ashamed!!

I didn't know he was a shooter. At least he's not one of those hollywood hypocrites making money off of guns while railing against you owning them. His acting sucks but he has my respect for the pro gun thing.