tomkaz

Disappointing Jobs Report, Again, Still....

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Another disappointing jobs report was posted for November. 

The US economy added 228,000 nonfarm payrolls in November, more than the 190,000 economists were expecting.
The unemployment rate held at a 17-year low of 4.1%.
Retail hiring was strong ahead of the busy holiday season.

The manufacturing sector added 31,000 jobs, while its unemployment rate fell to a record-low 2.6%.

Retail also had a strong month ahead of the busy holiday-shopping season, adding 18,700 jobs even as thousands of brick-and-mortar stores are being closed.

Restaurants and bars, which bore the brunt of the hurricane impact, added 18,900 jobs last month.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there have been 2,200,000 new jobs added in past year since Trump election and more Americans are in the work force than ever before. Over 160 million Americans are working for the first time in US history. 

And, if Ivanka is to be believed, she tweeted: The Hispanic unemployment rate dropped to 4.7% - the LOWEST in the history of the United States.

HOW DISAPPOINTING!

5a2b117a81bd4_ScreenShot2017-12-08at23_25_26.thumb.png.e371bd0f1fd1b4c3f3bc596ea0f0e347.png

...TK, yer gettin as many responses as I did to almost the same topic.  Where are all the lefties today?  Head in the sand?  Good news hurts.

I wonder if these numbers will be adjusted down in much the same way as the good numbers that Obama had?

Don't get me wrong it's a good start but lets see if this has any sustainability.

I know YOU know that is a bald face lie.

O deliberately posted false high numbers KNOWING the numbers would be adjusted down in a week or two and NOT reported by the his sycophants in the MSM.

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I wonder if these numbers will be adjusted down in much the same way as the good numbers that Obama had?

Don't get me wrong it's a good start but lets see if this has any sustainability.

Our Governments statisticians?

GAO?

Just now, Gotcow? said:

What I know is these people lie for a living.

I'll take a wait and see position.

56 mins ago, fm/nj said:

...TK, yer gettin as many responses as I did to almost the same topic.  Where are all the lefties today?  Head in the sand?  Good news hurts.

They must be fixated on the MSNBC "documentary" on Russian collusion and the Trump dossier airing after the Trump rally in Fla.Still no evidence implicating Trump but they are holding the party line and trying their best to suggest that the "dossier" is actual info accumulated by the intelligence agencies. I remember being taught in the 60's about the evil Russian propaganda machine, now we have our own on mainstream TV.With the countless millions being spent on this investigation , I would rather see some evidence than have to rely on the conspiracy theory of some "journalist" with a liberal arts degree from Berkley.

These are the most impressive economic numbers in the past 20 years or more, for the "Never Trumpers" and the MSM(one and the same) to dismiss them as some sort of aberration is ignorant and detrimental to the growth of America. I must be missing the obvious downside to making America great again.

What.....Obama never once touched 3% growth to GDP. Trump takes over and he hasn’t been enjoying Obama’s numbers, oh no, he has his own numbers.

Why can’t the commies just admit that Obama was a complete failure. He didn’t even attempt the one thing everyone was certain he would do. Help the black man get ahead.

Come on now. We all know that during obama presidency that these numbers were fake news numbers. Unemployment numbers were never this low, more like 15%. The argument was they don’t count those not collecting anymore. Now all of a sudden this is exactly the correct numbers. 

The number of hired per month again, it wasn’t enough under obama but its great under trump. Same quanity but better now. Don’t have to look back very far to see what the one month the amount of hired was well below what’s was expected and blamed on the hurricanes. Have we gotten those numbers back yet too. I’d say nope, forgot about those I guess. Plus now we have the holiday hires, temp positions, that don’t become full time that are part of these numbers. 

What a crock of crap. 

Edited by saltfisherman
Wrong word used