DoorGunner

When I arrive at the dock.

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

These guys are waiting for me. They will go through a quart of seed in 20 minutes. The hawk is around somewhere i'm sure. Probably stop by shortly. 

DSCF5151_zpst3tfrwmq.jpg.272437efe70c15f06deb27a1a1b43837.jpg

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

The sparrows i don't mind, it's the damn starlings that need to be wiped out. They are the ones that crap on everything. 

Agreed, you can legally shoot them in pa because they are an invasive species.... open year round with no bag limit and the only time the season is closed is during firearm deer season. I use to pop em all the time with a pellet gun when I lived in Conshohocken.... I don't see many out here in Gilbertsville, when they do show up out here I just break out the 12 gauge and the 7 1/2 shot, wait till they land in the tree next to the pool and try and get multiples with one shot.... 3 is my best since I've been out here, man I love living out here lol. 

3 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Agreed, you can legally shoot them in pa because they are an invasive species.... open year round with no bag limit and the only time the season is closed is during firearm deer season. I use to pop em all the time with a pellet gun when I lived in Conshohocken.... I don't see many out here in Gilbertsville, when they do show up out here I just break out the 12 gauge and the 7 1/2 shot, wait till they land in the tree next to the pool and try and get multiples with one shot.... 3 is my best since I've been out here, man I love living out here lol. 

Their crap is the consistency of concrete when it dries. Worse when it's full of seeds. Crazy woman near work likes to feed the birds and cats and starlings have been all over it for the past few weeks. They hang on the power lines above everybodies cars here in the morning. I got pigeon problems too. Another worthless species of flying rats that breed 4 times a year each. 

Sitting at the Perth Amboy train station one day, stone out of my mind.

I spy a gang of pigeons hanging on a light bar above a billboard across the tracks.

I see one of the pigeons is a real ratty looking one, feathers all askew and disheveled.

Cue the lady walking onto the platform pushing a baby carriage, little papoose in the rig.

She posts up right under the billboard.

This ratty ass pigeon, we'll name him FEW, decides to look down, see the target and let one rip. 

MISS!!!

This pigeon then side steps a few feet, takes another gander down range, and lets one fly.

BULLSEYE!!!!

The kid in the carriage reacted like he was Willem Dafoe in Platoon when he got wasted. 

It was awesome.

7 hours ago, mybeach said:

Sitting at the Perth Amboy train station one day, stone out of my mind.

I spy a gang of pigeons hanging on a light bar above a billboard across the tracks.

I see one of the pigeons is a real ratty looking one, feathers all askew and disheveled.

Cue the lady walking onto the platform pushing a baby carriage, little papoose in the rig.

She posts up right under the billboard.

This ratty ass pigeon, we'll name him FEW, decides to look down, see the target and let one rip. 

MISS!!!

This pigeon then side steps a few feet, takes another gander down range, and lets one fly.

BULLSEYE!!!!

The kid in the carriage reacted like he was Willem Dafoe in Platoon when he got wasted. 

It was awesome.

I’ve gotten crapped on by seagulls on the beach 3 separate times in my life. 

18 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

The sparrows i don't mind, it's the damn starlings that need to be wiped out. They are the ones that crap on everything. 

You were saying???

IMG_0486.JPG

19 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

I found a parking spot in Manhattan across from MOMA on 53rd. When I came back an hour later, I knew why. The tree was loaded with starlings :o