JoeyZac

A Running List of Removed Politicians

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Since the day Trump won the election, there has been a truly frenzied effort to find a way to remove him from office.  Any way, no matter how deranged or how fraudulent, it doesn't matter.  The Left wants him gone in the worst possible way, to the point they have written, sung, and joked about him being assassinated.

Well, lot's of political figures have fallen since last November, but not ole' Trumpie.  I think it's times for a running list.  No way I can name them all off the top of my head, but if you post them, I'll keep a running list.  Not looking to list every single person who's been replaced or simply retired, but am mainly looking for those voted out, forced to step down for doing something really wrong, or in severe legal trouble.  And please correct anything I get wrong.  Trying to keep it concise.  Should be interesting.

Right:

Paul Manifort - Campaign manager indicted by FBI for money laundering.

Michael Flynn -  Former NSA indicted by FBI for lying.

Tom Price - Misuse of air travel expenses

George Papadopoulos - Former Trump campaign adviser indicted by FBI for lying to FBI.

Left:

John Conyers - Sex scandal

Al Franken - Sex scandal

Corrine Brown - Congresswoman found guilty of corruption involving charity funds.

Should Manafort and his sidekick (name forgotten) be on that list?  Neither of their misdeeds have anything to do with the Trump campaign, or the Trump Presidency.  (But if you list Manafort at all, his buddy should be there too.)

We hear today that some "whistleblower," I'm guessing a business associate of Gen. Flynn's, told a Congressional committee that Flynn was emailing him about getting into a financial deal involving a Russian nuclear powerplant, and that the sanctions placed on Russia were to be torn up by the new Administration.  I infer from the "whistleblower" description that the testimony comes from someone who was not responding to a Mueller subpoena (though the person is obviously going to get said subpoena now.)  This is deeper and darker then lying to the FBI, and it has more implications for the Administration then did the charge of lying. Flynn was previously in hot water for not noting his business deals with Turkish firms; did he disclose that, as a National Security Adviser, he was trying to get into business with Russian firms? Did it not cross his mind that this is one heck of a conflict of interest?  

Yikes.

"Sleazy Sen. Bob Packwood’s 1995 resignation followed years of serial sexual misconduct"

Dennis Hastert

Mark Foley

and the list goes on, and on, and on.....

3 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Should Manafort and his sidekick (name forgotten) be on that list?  Neither of their misdeeds have anything to do with the Trump campaign, or the Trump Presidency.  (But if you list Manafort at all, his buddy should be there too.).........

I'm not necessarily trying to make the focus of this be Trump, but rather, the entire political spectrum.

I'm trying to get a feel for the whole landscape her to see who takes bigger losses, the Right or the Left, during the Trump Admin.

Personalities like Lauer don't really belong on the list under the criteria I laid out, but it's close.

1 min ago, KnewBee said:

"Sleazy Sen. Bob Packwood’s 1995 resignation followed years of serial sexual misconduct"

Dennis Hastert

Mark Foley

and the list goes on, and on, and on.....

Those are old.  I'm looking at losses since the Trump election.

True, got to have a cutoff point, or you'll run out of electrons before you run out of politicians. 

Was it Wilbur Mills who went skinnydipping in a Washington fountain with a stripper?  That's still my favorite Washington sex story .... Fanny something or other?

Last week's news...

Congressman Joe Barton (R-TX) announced Thursday that he will retire amid a slowly unfolding scandal that began with a nude photo and expanded to include sexually explicit messages to a constituent.

Some updates............

Right:

Paul Manifort - Campaign manager indicted by FBI for money laundering.

Michael Flynn -  Former NSA indicted by FBI for lying.

Tom Price - Misuse of air travel expenses

George Papadopoulos - Former Trump campaign adviser indicted by FBI for lying to FBI.

Honorable Mentions - Jeff Flake, Bob Corker

Left:

Hillary - Trump's biggest "win" to date.

John Conyers - Sex scandal

Al Franken - Sex scandal

Corrine Brown - Congresswoman found guilty of corruption involving charity funds.

Honorable Mentions -