carbon12

Reverse Atom

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Dont have the answer but is one of my favorite plugs. A small company up in the cape re-made a version of them a few years ago, I have a couple. They work but just not the same. To me they work better than a pencil.

2 hours ago, carbon12 said:

What made the Reverse Atom obsolete as a commercial plug?

The company that bought out Atom decided to not make them any longer most likely is the answer to that question When you posted that a cape co made them , was it from wood or plastic? The plastic model would be harder to duplicate and make because all of the fabrication material needed .

5 hours ago, night tides 2 said:

Dont have the answer but is one of my favorite plugs. A small company up in the cape re-made a version of them a few years ago, I have a couple. They work but just not the same. To me they work better than a pencil.

I have a few but I’ve barely used them because I’m not entirely sure how.   Nothing really looked or felt right to me.  You work them like a pencil?

I work them like a pencil. If you are working a pencil correctly you should have the front two thirds of the plug working side to side slapping the water. I tend to get alot of blow ups on the plug with less hook ups, which is fun in itself. I think that the larger profile of the rear of the reverse lets you get that same action but leaves more of the plug in the water and you can get the action with a slower retrieve which increases hook ups. Hey just one guys opinion. Angler 1 the plug Im talking about is plastic, it's a reverse style plug not an exact copy. Just went out to the garage, my mistake it was a company from Providence RI called Anco. Ive had great success with them.

18 hours ago, Slaptail said:

I work them like Pencil Popper also, caught this on a small version I bought at a flea market a few years ago

A88BE3D7-42C5-46FE-AA0C-B742B219E5CD.jpeg

Nice fish.   I’ll have to try them again in the spring.  They’re such classic plugs it’s a shame to not use them.   

On 12/9/2017 at 11:47 AM, striperfly said:

Nice fish.   I’ll have to try them again in the spring.  They’re such classic plugs it’s a shame to not use them.   

I agree.