jkrock

Franken should resign

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

4 (four) democrat female  senators have just come out calling for Franken's resignation.  Think he will?  Think this means more allegations are forthcoming?

Edited by jkrock

Never rains but it pours at times. Another today.

Posted by

on Dec 06, 2017 at 9:28 am

frankenmarch

On a day when the so-called Silence Breakers are hailed by Time magazine, yet another woman has come forward to tell her story about Democrat pig Al Franken forcing himself on her, which is oddly enough met with silence from his fellow Democrats.

A former Democratic congressional aide said Al Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after a taping of his radio show in 2006, three years before he became a U.S. senator.

The aide, whose name POLITICO is withholding to protect her identity, said Franken (D-Minn.) pursued her after her boss had left the studio. She said she was gathering her belongings to follow her boss out of the room. When she turned around, Franken was in her face.

The former staffer ducked to avoid Franken’s lips. As she hastily left the room, she said, Franken told her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.”

It’s his right to attack women? Curious moral standards these liberal Democrats have.

“He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like ‘Wait, what is happening?’ But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked,” the aide said in an interview. “I was really startled by it and I just sort of booked it towards the door and he said, ‘It’s my right as an entertainer.’”

The former staffer, who was in her mid-20s at the time of the incident, said she did not respond to Franken.

The woman said she had never met Franken prior to the incident. Franken was elected to the Senate in 2008 but began ramping up his political activity in 2006.

Franken, who has been accused by six other women of groping or trying to forcibly kiss them, denied the accusation.

It's up to 6 women senators calling for his resignation now.

Six women senators in quick succession on Wednesday called for Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) to step aside after a new accusation emerged from a woman who said the senator had sought to forcibly kiss her in a 2006 incident.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) was the first to release a statement calling for Franken to step down.

She was quickly followed by Sens. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

The quick statements suggested coordination from the senators, and heightened the pressure on Franken to leave the Senate. Just last week, a number of senators questioned about Franken said they were waiting for the Ethics Committee to complete its review of multiple allegations that have been raised against Franken.

"Sexual harassment and misconduct should not be allowed by anyone and should not occur anywhere. I believe the best thing for Senator Franken to do is step down," Harris said in her statement.

Edited by jkrock

3 mins ago, jkrock said:

I don't think Franken is going to survive the day.  Bye suckah.

Like to think you are right, but this guy has the hide of a Rhinoceros, he will have to be pushed and the Dems aren't going to do it, they need the numbers in the Senate to keep the pressure on the Trump Agenda.

Don't forget there are Republican snakes in the grass who will either absent themselves or cross the floor in crucial vote time.

I think the Dems are cleaning out Dem pervs in states where they  are guaranteed a Dem replacement...

so they feel morally solid hammering Roy when he is elected.

1 min ago, zybathegeek said:

Like to think you are right, but this guy has the hide of a Rhinoceros, he will have to be pushed and the Dems aren't going to do it, they need the numbers in the Senate to keep the pressure on the Trump Agenda.

Don't forget there are Republican snakes in the grass who will either absent themselves or cross the floor in crucial vote time.

No way the smarmy sycophants in the senate like Schumer and Cory Booker don't back these women senators in their own party.  they will pig pile on poor Al and he's done.  Toast.

1 min ago, hamlet said:

I think the Dems are cleaning out Dem pervs in states where they  are guaranteed a Dem replacement...

so they feel morally solid hammering Roy when he is elected.

Agreed.  Franken is a sacrificial lamb.  The dems are tossing him into the volcano

Now it's 8 D senators.

Bob Casey(D-PA) is the first male Senator to call on him to resign.

Oops 9 now........Senator Brown

Edited by jkrock

^^^^^

Yeah.  Conyers quit.  Now if Franken quits (as he should), the pressure will be on for other political figures who have been accused of sexual misconduct to quit as well.  Trump should step up and set the example.