Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Seabass recipe ideas

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Seabass recipe ideas

Looking for suggestions for a good Seabass recipe I have two whole fish going to do one with lemon, butter  paprika capers etc

looking for suggestions for the other Seabass thinking maybe scallions ginger soy sauce what have you got

20 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Seabass recipe ideas

Looking for suggestions for a good Seabass recipe I have two whole fish going to do one with lemon, butter  paprika capers etc

looking for suggestions for the other Seabass thinking maybe scallions ginger soy sauce what have you got

Slash sides, steam on a plate with garlic, ginger, scallions, soy.  When done sizzling hot oil over it

I like scaling the fish then frying the fillets skin-on directly in vegetable oil at a high heat until the flesh has browned slightly.  The oil has a neutral taste to choose whatever sauce I like on the fish, usually a citrusy chutney: orange, lemon, lime, skinned bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, & white pepper.

Poach or sous vide the whole fish, then finish with soy sauce and sliced scallion. Make scallion oil with scallion and shallot. Pour the hot oil over the fish to finish. 

Really hard to find a bad way to cook these fish.  I’ve roasted them whole, fried them, filleted them.   I have a bag roasted and picked in the freezer for some day this winter.  They don’t suck as fish cakes