jjdbike

Help design meal from...

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I bought some chicken sausages & am trying to get creative in turning them into a meal.

I’ve got these smoked chicken, pinaple & bacon sausages (4 of them).See image attatched. Other ingredients I have include white potatoes, caned chunked pinaple in natural juice, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, assorted frozen veggies, a good deal of spices and seasoning including fresh basil, fresh rosemary, fresh bay, garlic, etc...

I’m willing to make a last minuet grocery run for odds and ends.

Can anyone see an interesting meal combo here?

Thanks!

JD

IMG_2111.JPG

go get some kraut,onion, mustard, and big crusty bread.

cut the onions in big dice and warm them up,  Toss in the kraut and sausage and warm gently.  Bake a potato to go with it.  Put a few chunks of pineapple in there and some garlic-raw-it will be good with the sweet stuff

Taa Daa

2 hours ago, Little said:

go get some kraut,onion, mustard, and big crusty bread.

cut the onions in big dice and warm them up,  Toss in the kraut and sausage and warm gently.  Bake a potato to go with it.  Put a few chunks of pineapple in there and some garlic-raw-it will be good with the sweet stuff

Taa Daa

Thanks little,

Sounds good. Unfortunately my wife doesn’t like kraut.

JD

Aidell’s has some recipes online.  Jasmine rice, coconut milk and more bacon and pineapple was one I saw.  I have some venison, pork and cherry sausages we need to cook so figured I’d check for inspiration. Usual problem I have with these flavored sausages is taste gets cooked out and lost.   I’d be inclined to grill them up like a hotdog and make nice sides.   Mac and cheese comes to mind but also salad with more pineapple or a slaw with fruit.   Asian pears maybe since I have a few 

My lazy recipe is cook sausage whole on the stove. Pull them off close to done and cut in sub-half inch circles and finish them in the skillet. 

For a pesto sauce, use a powder packet or pesto-cream mix. Mix the whole thing together and pour over pasta

Thanks for the input

Here’s what I did.

Cubed 6 red potatoes & precooked a little in microwave. Chopped large bunch of green onions. Shredded red cabbage. Prepared some green beans. Cubbed sausage.

Chopped whole package of bacon, cooked in large deep pan to crisp & render fat. Removed bacon pieces but left fat.

Cooked greenbeans, cabbage, onion in bacon fat until just starting to soften, then removed from fat. Cooked sausage w/ can of chunked pinaple in natural juice till started to brown, removed leaving fat & liquid in pan. Cooked potatoes & another can of pinaple w/ juice in pan till starting to brown.

Tossed all ingredients in large baking dish including bacon pieces, another can of pinaple & juice, one stick of butter, course ground black pepper, chopped garlic, heated at 400 untill heated through & just starting to brown on top.

Not bad for a week night caserole. Would I do it again? I don’t know, but if I did I’d probably use ham.

JD