Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Will

Need some advice on spectra jigging line

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I’m going to be spooling a new g2 avet lx I’m getting in a few weeks and would like some advice on what line to go with. With all the new lines out there I don’t know where to start. I was thinking hollowcore to a 50 yard spliced top shot but would like some other opinions. It’s rated capacity is 660 of 60# line but I know different braids have different diameters. I originally wanted to go with 80 but line capacity is important because I will be using it for deep dropping for tiles and jigging for large tuna. Price isn’t important I’m willing to spend the money as long as it isn’t ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Big Will said:

I’m going to be spooling a new g2 avet lx I’m getting in a few weeks and would like some advice on what line to go with. With all the new lines out there I don’t know where to start. I was thinking hollowcore to a 50 yard spliced top shot but would like some other opinions. It’s rated capacity is 660 of 60# line but I know different braids have different diameters. I originally wanted to go with 80 but line capacity is important because I will be using it for deep dropping for tiles and jigging for large tuna. Price isn’t important I’m willing to spend the money as long as it isn’t ridiculous. 

It used to be easy...60lb JB line one breaks at 90 when spliced.

But I heard someting changed and now it's not as strong....No sure if its' true....but worth looking into

Just now, scoobydoo said:

It used to be easy...60lb JB line one breaks at 90 when spliced.

But I heard someting changed and now it's not as strong....No sure if its' true....but worth looking into

I have used izorline hollow in the past on big game reels but never jb. I was going to go with the jb as I’ve heard many good things in the past but then I heard that as well somewhere about them changing their line. I have decided to go with the hx avet instead because it’s only 2 ounces heavier and more line capacity. I know there are many high quality Japanese braids out there but I know nothing about them. I’ll have to do some more research. Ideally I want 700 yards plus a 50 yard top-shot