PS

WTS - T&T Horizon & Horizon II

12 posts in this topic

Two rods for sale:

Horizon II 907  (4 piece). This rod is pretty clean, lite soil on cork & no nicks or scratches. Comes in factory tube and sock.  $300.00 delivered or local pickup.

Horizon 9' 10 weight ( 4 piece) . This rod shows normal wear, no nicks and also comes in factory tube and sock. $200.00 delivered or local.

I will add pictures soon. I am not complete sure I understand the rules  for transactions so will need to be advised. 

1 hour ago, mightyrime said:

That 10wt is a good stick

I’ve been looking for a T&T 10wt for a while so I’m pumped. Any line recommendations? I know everyone is different 

Sorry I haven't got to the pictures just yet. I'm taping walls and covered in joint compound, needless to say I don't make my living doing drywall/plaster. Anyway, I found the Horizon 10 wt. works best in the 280 to 310 grain window. My test lines are Cortland 333 and the #10 is a good fit but it also cast well with a Rio Pike #8 which is 300 grains. That being said I have had a Rio Striper intermediate 10 (380 grains) it it was one of the few rods I have that could handle it but I still did not like the line. I suspect a Airflo Ridge Striper either 9 or 10 would be a good fit. Although I am not a fan of the short heads, a OBS #9 at 375 worked as did the #8 at 330.

The Orvis intermediate is another good option  in #9 it is about 295 in 30' and 340 in 40'. The specs are not posted but I measured and weighted. It is similar to the Airflo but with a more aggressive head and said to be 3/4 heavy. As you can see it has a wide window 280 to 380 but I find myself most comfortable and best loops in the 280 to 310 range.