BrianBM

Trump Speculations for today

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

1.  The IOC is bouncing Russia from the Winter Olympics in South Korea.  Putin will be enraged, it's a national humiliation.

Will President Trump come to Russia's defense?  He might tweet his regrets that the IOC is treating Russia so harshly, just for cheating. So they cheated; what about Hillary?  This is an argument that his supporters always like to hear.

2.  I saw something earlier this week to the effect that President Trump has been instructing his aides to circumvent Gen. Kelly, his CoS.  This has a ring of plausibility.  The President has never had a Chief of Staff in his private ventures, and probably hates the feeling of being managed.  It just sits ill with him, it inhibits the impulsiveness that he cherishes. I wonder how long Gen. Kelly can stand it.

3.  Tillerson is unlikely to be in office much longer, unsurprisingly so since remarking that the President is a moron. I assume he did that; he has refused to deny it.  The President, I think, doesn't like having a Secretary of State in the first place, it cramps his style.  Denouncing foreigners like Little Rocket Man is fun, and it delights his base. Diplomats, even first timers like Tillerson, are going to be ill at ease with that, and Tillerson has probably told him to cut it out. That's enough to piss off the President.

4.  NSA McMaster is said to be on the outs too.  He also may have said something the President didn't like. He has advocated strongly for the Iran nuclear deal, which the President doesn't like; tearing it up would delight his base because Obama did it and therefore they hate it. The argument that tearing it up will restore the hardliners to power in Tehran will cut no ice with him.

Generally, I think that the President is ill at ease with the notion of "expertise."  Experts are people who think they know more then you do. The thought is offensive.

We'll see.  It's more then a little surprising that Tillerson is still here, the way that DJT cut the legs out from under him when he was talking about negotiations with North Korea.  As the President's confidence grows, he'll be less inclined to think that he needs anyone to tell him anything. 

I think they'll ignore incidental cheating, but having the Russian doctor who administered the system turn up with his notebooks of particular urine swaps (who, when, where) was a bit too much to ignore. 

22 mins ago, BrianBM said:

1.  The IOC is bouncing Russia from the Winter Olympics in South Korea.  Putin will be enraged, it's a national humiliation.

Will President Trump come to Russia's defense? 

Trump is more likely to say the Russians pulled a Hillary and consequently they will not win either.

Just now, BrianBM said:

As long as he defends Putin and Russia, and invokes Hillary, I'll give myself a pat on the back.  

Maybe ol Vladdy will appeal to the IOC with a big 'Reset' button?

I know someone that has one she is no longer using if he needs one.

Trump can retweet some of the dirt that the Russians dig up on the IOC from when they hacked those servers. Nothing was illegal or wrong really , but let Veritas have a crack at respinning it  

Makes sense Trump has opened a back door for communication outside the Chief if Staff   He can blame lots of people now if something he says backfires. There’s always a lawyer like Dowd  who can take a bullet 

18 mins ago, BrianBM said:

We'll see.  It's more then a little surprising that Tillerson is still here, the way that DJT cut the legs out from under him when he was talking about negotiations with North Korea.  As the President's confidence grows, he'll be less inclined to think that he needs anyone to tell him anything. 

Well, it all depends on the context in which you apply the word "needs."

I would argue that he doesn't "need" anyone to tell him anything.  He certainly would be better off if he listened to the expertise of the many that do indeed know better on quite a few things, but as far as "needs," to, well, does he "need" to.

The Russian athletes will say it is fake news.

Besides, some of them will be competing, but only as "Neutrals".  No flag, not "Russian".   Has Russia been "neutered"?

Regards the other points: total disarray.   Winning bigly!

11 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Well, it all depends on the context in which you apply the word "needs."

I would argue that he doesn't "need" anyone to tell him anything.  He certainly would be better off if he listened to the expertise of the many that do indeed know better on quite a few things, but as far as "needs," to, well, does he "need" to.

We as a nation certainly "need" him to heed the advice of some experts, then again, this assumes he allows any "experts" to carry out the function of Government, he has not proven an ability to do so.    Can't he just fill his cabinet and advisors with more family members?  Must be some illegitimate children out there somewhere?  

1 min ago, KnewBee said:

We as a nation certainly "need" him to heed the advice of some experts............

If you want to look at it from that perspective, the rest of the world "needs" for him to listen.

Because if the maniac goes and starts a crisis, the death toll will be far higher in other nations than it will be here.

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Because if the maniac goes and starts a crisis, the death toll will be far higher in other nations than it will be here.

one can only hope, but then again, what toll is considered too high?  My perspective is zero.  Comes from some hard earned experience.

1 min ago, KnewBee said:

one can only hope, but then again, what toll is considered too high?  My perspective is zero.  Comes from some hard earned experience.

I would love to see a death toll of zero, unless you're talking about ISIS.

Rocket Man keeps sending stuff up though, and I doubt either of us will get what we want.