TimS

Need some volunteers - please read before you click the link

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Trying another avenue. BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW - you may see a malicious popup ad - so if you click it don't be surprised if you see a malicious popup that requires you to shut down your browser in order to use it again.

That said - if you want to help - are using an iPhone/iPad - and understand you might see a malicious ad - please go to this forum and click the thread that is clearly marked as potentially containing a malicious ad - and if you do see the malicious popup, take a screen shot and/or let me know in this thread - thanks :th:

Here's the forum - I'm not gonna link directly to the thread...it should be obvious which thread it is - if you are using an iPhone you can post in the thread or open and close it a few times - if you see the bad ad, lemme know - http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/91-test/

Thanks...remember, don't click on the thread in that forum UNLESS you are willing to potentially see this popup...

TimS

I got it for a few minutes in a row...and then it stopped. Where's my find_bad_ad group...I could use them :)

TimS

4 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Here. :wave:

Just went in on the IPhone, nothing. I'll go back and try a post in it.

It's weird...I saw it for a few minutes...and, unlike every previous time, it suddenly stopped showing up :squid:

Maybe change back to the "bad_ad" skin? I'm gonna try that :idea:

TimS

3 mins ago, TimS said:

It's weird...I saw it for a few minutes...and, unlike every previous time, it suddenly stopped showing up :squid:

Maybe change back to the "bad_ad" skin? I'm gonna try that :idea:

TimS

Changed skin and got it instantly, was redirected to the "Google Membership Rewards" site

Ok, in Prague and clicked on first ad in first post in the Test forum, got this ad which opened in a newly opened window. Anyone read Czech? 

DBE7AB56-6637-4ADD-B7D0-F6F7E82664A3.thumb.png.8c483bb176db1d0e3c4c688d666ddef6.png

Edited by tomkaz

21 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Ok, in Prague and clicked on first ad in first post in the Test forum, got this ad which opened in a newly opened window. Anyone read Czech? 

DBE7AB56-6637-4ADD-B7D0-F6F7E82664A3.thumb.png.8c483bb176db1d0e3c4c688d666ddef6.png

Lol...that's hysterical...I'm going to forward this to the folks who are still trying to figure this out.

TimS

29 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Changed skin and got it instantly, was redirected to the "Google Membership Rewards" site

They removed another network - give it another shot if you are feeling lucky :th:

I haven't seen it in a bit....

1 min ago, TimS said:

They removed another network - give it another shot if you are feeling lucky :th:

I haven't seen it in a bit....

Went back in a few minutes ago, all clear. :th:

2 mins ago, Reel Deely said:

What is this skin you speak of ?

It's a different skin for folks that are volunteering to look for this malicious ad - I have to ad you to the group if you want to help...then you can select the "find_bad_ads" skin - just say the word :)