Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fisherman

Marlborough & Edison Fly Fishing Shows

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

People have been asking, so here's what I know. I have been invited to give my "Wet Flies 101" seminar at the Marlborough Fly Fishing Show. 1pm, Friday, Jan 19. I will likely be doing at least one other (different) presentation, but that will be in the Destination Theater. They're still working on the Edison (formerly Somerset) schedule. I'll share more details when I get them. Thank you for your support!

Steve Culton

Thanks Steve,

I've made 10 Marlborough shows and All of the Somerset Shows.  A great way to spend a weekend in the winter.  I hope Edison is as good as the Somerset Show was.I live about the same distance from Edison and Someset.    The Timing for me will be perfect. I'll be home from NE Florida Intercoastal waterway behind Ameila Island on Friday, January 19th.  Edison will start on Friday, January 26, 2018.

Thanks for the heads up!

No worries, RJ. For Marlborough, "Wet Flies 101" will be in the Catch Room on Friday. "Trout Fishing for Striped Bass" will be in Room A of the DT on Saturday at 11. Still waiting to hear about Edison. Fellow SOLer Capt. Ray will also be presentating in the DT. You can get all the details on the show website.

In the meantime, here's a little soft hackle clip to get the wet fly juices flowing.

Steve Culton 

On 12/12/2017 at 11:16 PM, The Fisherman said:

No worries, RJ. For Marlborough, "Wet Flies 101" will be in the Catch Room on Friday. "Trout Fishing for Striped Bass" will be in Room A of the DT on Saturday at 11. Still waiting to hear about Edison. Fellow SOLer Capt. Ray will also be presentating in the DT. You can get all the details on the show website.

In the meantime, here's a little soft hackle clip to get the wet fly juices flowing.

Steve Culton 

sent the Fly Fishing Show an email requesting your presence @ the NJ show , would like to see you there . 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, Hook I said:

sent the Fly Fishing Show an email requesting your presence @ the NJ show , would like to see you there . 

Thrice the size of Marlborough.  It connects with folks from NE to NC.  Jones Brothers Boats, Brian Horsley and his lovely lady Sara Gardner.  The Bear' Den has a great booth in NJ  They have 50 or more tiers tying and teaching as well.

I think you would do very well at Edsion. Jan 26, 27 & 28, 2018  Friday is the best day.  i do all 3 days.  Its a miny vacation being surrounded with all things connected to a sport I can not get enough of. 

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

On 12/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, The Fisherman said:

They just signed me up to do the Wet Flies 101 seminar on 1/26 in Edison. :-)

Steve Culton

I will be there too

Been away from the Marlboro show due to living in Rangeley Me. for 5+ yrs.Just too far for a day not counting weather.Moved back to Cape Cod so we're going to head up and hang out for the day.I know things have changed and less vendors for materials but looked at the attendees and I can say it will cost me some coin[like I need anything!!!] to get out of there.Plus folks I've met in Maine will be there so it will be good to see them too.Nj is just too far and that ride is not a "fun" trip.

1/26 todays show in Edison NJ was @ the NJ Convention Center don't get too excited folks its still NJ , bigger better it was still good to be there . 1st stop was Steve Culton "Wet Flies 101"  I did introduced myself before the presentation fantastic presentation by himself , sure glad I was there to sit in next   made the rounds to spend some cash again Rich Murphy's book Fly Fishing for Striped Bass was a must gift for a friend of mine ,along tyers bench Brad Buzzi gave me the quick intro on the selection & purchase of  beautiful bucktail which I did purchase  , Fly Shack had a great buy for $25 Dual Magnifier Table Lamp which I needed for the fly tyers club once a month meeting . Pond # 1 had Jeff Currier " wind casting " great demo & tips I really needed , along with my good friend RJ met up with JoeG@Breezy as I stood back & listened to two fine gentlemen about talk old times , it was a pleasure meeting you today Joe . I cut out about 2pm as i wanted to drive 80mph on the NJ Turnpike and get home before the Friday night bridge traffic... mission accomplished .