seadogface

California fire

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, Mokes said:

Let it burn. All of it.

Nah, it's a good place. There's a lot there that I don't particularly like, but there's a lot of stuff I don't like anywhere.

There are good people out there, including one person I know who's affected by this fire directly. These fires suck. 

Edited by Belmo

The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory predicts that California will receive 15% less rain within 20 years than the scant amount it receives now resulting in bigger longer droughts.

Wave bye bye

Saw some comments about it online.  About half believed the military was testing new weapons on people's homes.  Apparently this is a popular theory with wildfires in CA. 

LOL.  Crackpots out there.

Edited by bido

34 mins ago, seadogface said:

The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory predicts that California will receive 15% less rain within 20 years than the scant amount it receives now resulting in bigger longer droughts.

Wave bye bye

Yet, the big wigs don't seem to have issues keeping their lawns a lavish green

1 hour ago, seadogface said:

Wave bye bye

Nah, it's strictly an economic problem. Desalination may be in California's future, but if it is, it will have enormous economic consequences, because desalination is expensive -- like ZeeBaas expensive. 

And a climate threat to California is a threat to all of us. Do you humps realize how much food comes out of California's Central Valley? It is, when it gets water, the most fertile agricultural land in the world.