So I made the naughty list.

Rate this topic

DoorGunner

Every year around this time my brother our real good friend Mike and myself take a trip to the mall for a picture with Santa. Been doing it for about ten years and it started out as a joke one night when the mall was dead. Since then we make an evening of it first with some Manco and Manco pizza and a stop at a few stores on the way to the mall. 

So tonight we head up and hit the mall around 6:30 and headed right to Santa. Probably most of you know that they offer packages of photos that usually include one 5x7 and some smaller pics down to wallet size. For the past three years the people who run the Santa setup give us a break and just sell us three 5x7's and it has worked out fine. Tonight it didn't.

We arrived and the mall was dead. When we made it to Santa there was one kid on his lap and they had just finished up. We walked in at the entrance and right away this tall skinny guy who worked there asked what we wanted. We told him that we were there for our yearly picture with Santa. Then Santa stood up and came towards us with his shoulders back and asked what we wanted. Again I told him we were there for our yearly photo and he just stared at us. My brother asked if he was the Santa from last year and he said NO, it was his first time at this location for all three of the workers. So my brother explains about the three 5x7 photos we usually get and right away Santa stands tall and says to us that if we want three 5x7's then we need to buy three packages at 37.95 each. Now I'm getting a little ticked at this guys attitude towards us when the skinny dude says the same thing that we need to buy three packages. My brother then heads down to the girl at the register to talk with her but got the same response. I looked at Mike and he laughed at the whole situation and Santa was trying to stand taller and getting real close to me. Finally I looked and Mike and my brother and said that we can just get one package and make copies. Well Santa didn't like that and told me that we weren't supposed to do that. I just laughed and said that we just want one package. So Santa stands right in front of me and says very loudly that I need to slow down. I turned to look at my brother and Mike and just smiled. I turned back to Santa and said again that all we need is one package but he butted in and said again that I need to slow down. Now Im about as calm as I can be and again smile back at my brother and Mike then once again turn to Santa and say, we just, and again he says, you need to slow down. Now I couldn't pass up my memory from Taxi and said, weeeeeee jusssssst neeeeeeed and Santa told us to get out. The girl at the register called security and they swarmed around us but even that made us laugh because they were all older than us. 

We slowly walked away scratching our heads trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Both my brother and Mike and the couple who had their kids picture taken all said that I showed great restraint and couldn't figure out what set Santa off. My brother and Mike had Christmas sweaters on and I had a Christmas sweatshirt on. They had Santa hats on and I had reindeer antlers on. Between the three of us not one drop of alcohol had been consumed all day and we were as happy as could be to continue the tradition. 

We walked around the mall a little with about four security guards keeping an eye on us but the spirit was beat down if not gone entirely so we headed home. Did stop at a large garden center but they didn't have a Santa. They did have a large classic sleigh and were happy to let us sit in with a big statue of Santa behind us and took pics of us with our phones. Now I have to worry about gettin nottin for Christmas. Sorry for the rant but Santa pissed me off tonight. santa sleigh.html.  

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the world these days? Seems like everyone has lost their mind. All you can do is laugh at people like that and keep your cool. Sucks that nothing is sacred anymore like what’s up with that why wouldn’t they just let you take the picture. Seems ridiculous. 

6 mins ago, Big Will said:

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the world these days? Seems like everyone has lost their mind. All you can do is laugh at people like that and keep your cool. Sucks that nothing is sacred anymore like what’s up with that why wouldn’t they just let you take the picture. Seems ridiculous. 

We talked about it on the way home and the only thing we could figure is that three old guys walking up to get their picture with Santa just messed them up. Probably figured that we had been drinking and thought this was a good idea. Only problem was that we hadn't been drinking and Santa got his horns up right away and couldn't pull them back down.  The skinny guy was totally freaked out and Santa went deep when there was no need for it. And what a total dick. As we walked away he yelled out to us as sarcastically as possible that he hopes we have a real happy holiday. I don't think the guy really needs to have kids sitting on his lap.  

9 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

We talked about it on the way home and the only thing we could figure is that three old guys walking up to get their picture with Santa just messed them up. Probably figured that we had been drinking and thought this was a good idea. Only problem was that we hadn't been drinking and Santa got his horns up right away and couldn't pull them back down.  The skinny guy was totally freaked out and Santa went deep when there was no need for it. And what a total dick. As we walked away he yelled out to us as sarcastically as possible that he hopes we have a real happy holiday. I don't think the guy really needs to have kids sitting on his lap.  

Nope there’s still no excuse for that. If anyone was drunk or messed up it was probably him to be acting like that for no reason. There’s no more holiday spirit these days. It’s reserved for the few and far between. It’s become a commercialized holiday that’s all about money with selfish motives and no true meaning behind it. The meaning of Christmas got lost in the consumerism. It’s just another way for companies to make big bucks now. 

Edited by Big Will

1 hour ago, Wayne Tj said:

If I were Santa, I wouldn't let some old dudes sit on my lap either. Sorry.

Yeah, that's kind of creepy but it has given me an idea. while mom has the kids picture taken with Santa, at the the other end of the mall you can have your picture taken with one of Santas elfs

IMG_1443.JPG

Edited by JMB

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

2 hours ago, Wayne Tj said:

If I were Santa, I wouldn't let some old dudes sit on my lap either. Sorry.

We don't sit on his lap. Each armrest and his footstool unless Santa says differently. And our tenth year with the same company and never a problem. 

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling

Edited by DoorGunner