Presidential tweets

Rate this topic

KnewBee

The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 14, 2017

"The Department of Justice is treating President Trump’s frequent Twitter posts as official statements, attorneys for the government wrote in a new federal court filing."

Newsweek, 4 Dec 2017

"Dowd (Trump's Lawyer) told CNN that he drafted the tweet and that he believes Dan Scavino Jr., the White House social media director, posted it. He would not answer questions about whether Trump reviewed the message."

I gotta ask a big double U tee F on this one?   If a Trump tweet is written by someone else, allegedly posted by another person, assuming Trump never saw it, then what will become of DoJ stating that Trump's tweets are official statements?

Makes me wonder now about how idiotic the whole tweet stuff is.  Also wondering about past inflammatory and controversial tweets; (Bannon, Spicer, who knows) and how they are now "official" statements from the president, because official statements carry a lot of weight, especially from a legal angle.   Is a Trump Tweet the equivalent of a Trump signed document, Memo, order to launch.....?

my opinion is his account anything posted under it unless hacked has his name to it especially since he said it was his words to the people-if others are posting on his behalf they should shut it town

if superstriper posts something dumb(happened many times) or inflamatory(like to think this has not happened often) they are my posts not my attorney etc..

There was a call to shut down his Twitter account after "he" forwarded/posted the violent videos last weekend because they violate twitter policy.  The twits execs have said, in the past, they wont shut down his account because it is news worthy.  But is it ain't trump doing the tweets (as has been alleged by his LAWYER), then the twits execs should shut it down.  The fate of the free world hangs in the balance!

5 mins ago, JohnP said:

Somebody needs to confirm with sloppy Sarah how the public should interpret his tweets

is he committed to being honest and truthful in his tweets?

or are they a mix of truth or dares, that he may or may not have even typed himself 

Spicy said long ago that they are official statements.  Sad

8 mins ago, BLT said:

I think he should stop the Tweets, but, aren't they mostly just opinions? Should not be considered "official" statements.

he's a public official - all his emails, words, and speech is part of the Presidential record.

what we are seeing though is furious back tracking - he admitted he obstructed the FBI by not advising them that he knew Flynn lied, and now his personal attorneys are saying a) it wasn't him and b) even if it was he is beyond the justice system.

trumps whole personal, business and political (ish) life is based on plausible deniability.

I think they should subpoena that device to match the GPS to his location and prove he wrote it.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

5 mins ago, Aquacide said:

he's a public official - all his emails, words, and speech is part of the Presidential record.

what we are seeing though is furious back tracking - he admitted he obstructed the FBI by not advising them that he knew Flynn lied, and now his personal attorneys are saying a) it wasn't him and b) even if it was he is beyond the justice system.

trumps whole personal, business and political (ish) life is based on plausible deniability.

I think they should subpoena that device to match the GPS to his location and prove he wrote it.

They all lie and set things up for plausible deniability. All the POTUS's do it. I won't get into the But but but of all the things I can find other ones have done, but just leave it at that. I say again, he should STOP the childish tweets.

Just now, BLT said:

They all lie and set things up for plausible deniability. All the POTUS's do it. I won't get into the But but but of all the things I can find other ones have done, but just leave it at that. I say again, he should STOP the childish tweets.

I agree. but remember when Presidents read 'prepared remarks' ? - he needs to stop speaking full stop. its embarrassing for our country to see these words written or spoken with no thought, poorly written and reactionary.

he just writes whatever he thinks in that moment, without consideration, forethought or the gravitas the position deserves.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

32 mins ago, JohnP said:

Somebody needs to confirm with sloppy Sarah how the public should interpret his tweets

is he committed to being honest and truthful in his tweets?

or are they a mix of truth or dares, that he may or may not have even typed himself 

You like degrading women I've noticed. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

4 mins ago, BLT said:

“He” should stop, or the people using his feed should stop? 

It would be interesting to know how many people can spout of on his verified Twitter account. 

Thought it was him having direct communication with the people. Not his legal team and PR people. 

9 mins ago, Mokes said:

You like degrading women I've noticed. 

her sex is irrelevant - the fact is she is slovenly dressed and often has uncombed hair and crumpled clothes.

if she was guy it would be 'sloppy sam' or such ilk.