nicknotsebastian

WTS/WTT Fly Line for Flies

16 posts in this topic

Never used circa 2008 NIP Orvis Wonderland Advantage Next Generation Depth Charge Sinking 350 gr Fly Line (100'/30.5m)

NIP Orvis 205Z Sink Tip System (for 9-11 Wt. Lines)

$45 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 or will trade for good mix of salt water flies (think NJ to Cape Cod species - new or used in good shape)

orvis line.JPG

I could whip you up some if no one else wants to. I mostly tie and fish either bangers or gurglers; are there specific flies you wanted? Let me know or pm me and I can probably help you out. 

Half dozen or so to start (?) - assorted colors.

I am open to suggestions (pics)?

I’m not a “fly name” expert, but know what works for me.  Problem is I lost the last of my favorite to a seal fish grab late October so I can’t even take a pic...:(

What I primarily use fly poppers for is school bass.  A couple places near P Town where a bar ends and its deeper right up to the beach (even at low tide) I “park” my boat just off the beach just outside the breakers to the side of the ending bar and cast in.  If I was spin fishing I’m throwing light weight 5-6” cordel pencil poppers.

Suggestions always appreciated and I can usually tell by looking at it If it’s gonna work for me.

Ahh, isn't the the worst when you lose the last one you have! 

I've attached a pic of a standard banger, I tie mine pretty much the same, but prefer silver foil just because I find it to be more realistic. I'll have to stop by a shop and pick up some long shank hooks, but I can get you these shortly after that...it seems like a lot of online retailers are selling these for five or six bucks, which is a lot to me, so I'd do like $2.50-$3.00 per fly? Does that sound fair? 

Usually for friends, I just say, buy me the material I'll need to tie your flies and then give me 75 cents a fly for my time, but with only six flies, it's probably easier just to do a flat rate. 

Let me know if any of this works for you. 

image.png

Thanks.  That sounds great.  That’s pretty close if not a match.  You can do silver sparkle (?).  That would be great. The ones that worked best were white with sparkle and shiny silver so the combo has got to be excellent ...:)

I’m not going to negotiate against myself so if you’d take $2.50 each for 6 great (plus shipping ?)

That sounds good to me. How quickly will you need these? Like I said, I'll need to swing by a fly shop before I can whip these up. Also, I can throw a pic of one up once I get started tying them, just so you know what you're getting. 

And for shipping, I'll just charge you whatever the post office charges me? I'm not usually one to try to make a buck off of someone else's services. 

Perfect. Then let me get all of my ducks in a row to get these tied and I'll shoot you a pm with an image of the first one, just so you can verify it's actually what you want? I should be able to wrap this up before the holidays. Thank you. 

I’ll pm you my paypal.  Send me an invoice for the 6 @ $2.50 plus postage - and they’re gonna charge you a paypal fee - so make it $20 (?) - then I can get you paid so you don’t have to go out of pocket.

pm-ing paypal info now...:)

On 12/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, Ftyer said:

Perfect. Then let me get all of my ducks in a row to get these tied and I'll shoot you a pm with an image of the first one, just so you can verify it's actually what you want? I should be able to wrap this up before the holidays. Thank you. 

Howdy.

Hope this finds you and all yours well!

Just checking in before I lose track of this thread ...:)

I got ya covered as soon as my fly shop receives the foam cylinders I ordered through them. They were sold out and had to wait to place a bulk order...so I'm at their mercy just because I'd rather pay the locals. I do have some yellow cylinders that are a .5" diameter, if you just want me to whip you some of those up for you I can do that now, but I ordered 5/8", 1/2", and 1" cylinders from my shop so you'd get a little different size variety as soon as hey receive their shipment. Just let me know what works for you. I'll also throw in some other flies just 'cause it's been awhile since we first spoke.