fish taco

Bald Eagles in NJ

68 posts in this topic

We were taping a show on Monday evening at the lake on Ponderlodge. Small island in the middle of the lake with one large live tree and one big dead one. An eagle landed in the dead one and the camera man got some good shots and the it took off and flew about fifty feet right above our heads. Cool bird to watch on the wing right above your head.  

On 4/29/2018 at 9:43 AM, chitala383 said:

I saw one cruising the tidal area at about mile 121 on the garden state parkway. First time I've seen one in the wild.

Just saw the same thing this morning in the same place. It flew maybe 5 feet above my Jeep as I was coming up the parkway. I thought I was seeing things. I have never seen one in our area before. 

I've seen them around both the Shrewsbury and Navesink Rivers in Monmouth County NJ.  in the past couple weeks.

Bringing this back up because I saw 2 more bald eagles today. Saw them at about 5 this evening driving down swimming river rd in colts neck. They were hanging out on the ledge over the little water fall at the swimming river reservoir, right next to American water Co. So cool to see them around the area.

chitala383, I drive that way home every day.  Those eagles have a nest in the tallest tree on the right way of the spillway. This is the fourth year that they have been there. I see them quite often, many times right at the bottom of the spillway on the only stump that is there. Many people stop to photograph them there.

Jim

Oh nice, that's exactly where they were, on the  ledge on the right side of that spill way. Next time I drive through there I'll have to take a look for their nest. Good stuff.

chitala383, I just got home and they were both sitting right where you saw them less than 1/2 hour ago. It seems to be their favorite perch when not up in the trees.

Jim