dixiekraut

Speeding Ticket in Buxton

40 posts in this topic

Got a ticket once when I was down in ocracoke. Fished at "Pony Beach" the one with the horses on the other side. Was heading back at around 9 am and got caught. No complaints though tickets suck but I was speeding. I contacted disagree with that. 

I've been visiting the OBX for about 40 years and 30 of those as a driver. I've never experienced a traffic stop as a passenger or driver. I can say that I have experienced traffic stops in the beach towns of Delaware. I once got a ticket for doing 29 in a 25 zone (in Millville) and my father-in-law got one for doing 27 in a 25 (in Bethany Beach).

I just paid my fine, but my father-in-law went to court to fight his. He was told that the word "Limit" is limiting and even if you are 1 mile per hour over you are in violation. He also brought up the possibility that speedometers were inaccurate by a few miles per hour. He was told to get his vehicle checked and if it's in error have it repaired. In the end he had to pay the fine and court costs.

It appears to anger those behind me, but when I'm in coastal or rural communities, anywhere, I do not go over the posted speed limit. Even if 25 mph seems foolish on 3 mile perfectly straight stretch, of a 4 lane road, like the one in Dagsboro DE.

Posted (edited)

I am another one who may anger those behind me, but I use the cruise control to prevent tickets.  IF speed limit is 35, I set it at 35.

My last speeding ticket was in 1979, its been working so far.  (knock on wood)

Edited by towpro

I do Love Love , and Apple Ugly! 

Sorry for your misfortune though. Never get out of your car! I am a CCW holder and if I'm stopped now,  I place both hands out of my window with my license, CCW permit and registration. No need to argue before he writes the ticket and chances are he clocked the guy meeting you on his RADAR, and not really YOU. It just depends on the Trooper if NCHP is the LE agency that wrote the ticket. 

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

There was a time you didn't see so many cop cars.  A State Trooper was an "oh wow"... but now? THey are going to burn you up. They are out there early in the morning and you best be going 25.

25 is hard to do when all you've got on your mind is that Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich form the Orange Blossom and hittin' the point.

Go back there, create a diversion somewhere then go throw two 5 lb boxes of roofing nails onto the popo's driveway.

I’m no kid , been around a long time ,I’ve dealt with all kinds of cops . “ If you were nice & thanked him for his service ....” Like u said “ Come on man, “ Your paying the extortion no matter what u say , its all about the $$$. And yes , they DO target off islanders , especially Yankees . The guy who got ticketed shouldn’t have gotten out of his vehicle , no he wasn’t under arrest , however do you want to play FLeeBailey with the cop ? . Lastly , I try to be as respectful as I can to all law enforcement , however some make it very hard , for some reason folks who “carry a gun for a living “ tend to be a little too arrogant in my opinion. Question Authority. Bill J , oh I’ve been to Buxton , it’s beautiful ! 

Did the cop have your speed on radar?  You can ask this question next time because if they are using it they should lock in your speed. Also when you ask, it gives you some wiggle room to maybe get yourself out of it, especially if you were not speeding, because now your having a conversation.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Trainman327 said:

I've been visiting the OBX for about 40 years and 30 of those as a driver. I've never experienced a traffic stop as a passenger or driver. I can say that I have experienced traffic stops in the beach towns of Delaware. I once got a ticket for doing 29 in a 25 zone (in Millville) and my father-in-law got one for doing 27 in a 25 (in Bethany Beach).

I just paid my fine, but my father-in-law went to court to fight his. He was told that the word "Limit" is limiting and even if you are 1 mile per hour over you are in violation. He also brought up the possibility that speedometers were inaccurate by a few miles per hour. He was told to get his vehicle checked and if it's in error have it repaired. In the end he had to pay the fine and court costs.

It appears to anger those behind me, but when I'm in coastal or rural communities, anywhere, I do not go over the posted speed limit. Even if 25 mph seems foolish on 3 mile perfectly straight stretch, of a 4 lane road, like the one in Dagsboro DE.

Yup down here in LSD Delaware that is how we keep Delaware green.  If ya have a MD or PA plate their motto is 'I'll be watching you'.