Snaps

CAROL ANN III OUT OF BARNEGAT LIGHT

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Barnegat headboats fell apart when the Elbe's passed away.  Firstr Sr dies then his son Wayne who was capt of the searcher 2.  Doris Mae and the Searcher 2 were uncomparable in terms of service and experience...I have fished with that family and have learned pretty much everything from them.  Chartered blues bass wrecks tog tuna...you name it.  Great Family...

9 hours ago, Kml said:

I am as old as you and I just learnt the see you next Tuesday code. I really never heard it before. 

My wife found a bottle of wine with a label that said If You See Kate and thought it was hilarious. It took me a few but I figured it out. 

I have no clue as usual.

7 hours ago, Capt. Lou said:

Osprey out of AC is the best for toggin down that way! There is a good boat out of Barneget , name eludes , been on tog charters twice did pretty good several years ago ! If I can remember boat nameI'll post ,  Capts name was Sam 

The Mary M, Sam is a great guy, was on that boat with scooter and gottog, last spring

20180421_135920.jpg

4 hours ago, Snaps said:

I have no clue as usual.

The Mary M, Sam is a great guy, was on that boat with scooter and gottog, last spring

20180421_135920.jpg

Scooter Scotty!  I love that guy :love:

Additional thumbs up for the Mary M - the "new guys versus old guys" epic tog battle was on that boat..spoiler alert, the good guys won :th:   We even had a girl working for the state that tagged all our tog one trip - I forget how many she tagged on that trip...it was a lot :)

TimS

19 hours ago, igomez said:

Barnegat headboats fell apart when the Elbe's passed away.  Firstr Sr dies then his son Wayne who was capt of the searcher 2.  Doris Mae and the Searcher 2 were uncomparable in terms of service and experience...I have fished with that family and have learned pretty much everything from them.  Chartered blues bass wrecks tog tuna...you name it.  Great Family...

Ask the MP about the trip we did on the searcher in 09.

We did have several very respectful tog on first drop.

RIP LAB

My one and only time on the searcher. All I remember is every damn drop, as soon as we built life and started catching the effing horn blew and we moved, to be repeated all effing day. We did catch some nice fish in the 30 minutes we were at each drop. 

Yup, the captain searched all right. He's been searching for my return till this day.

2 hours ago, mickrazz said:

My one and only time on the searcher. All I remember is every damn drop, as soon as we built life and started catching the effing horn blew and we moved, to be repeated all effing day. We did catch some nice fish in the 30 minutes we were at each drop. 

Yup, the captain searched all right. He's been searching for my return till this day.

My exact experience on the Searcher - not only did he change locations constantly he had the mates adjust both anchor lines every five minutes. It was infuriating...every bite you missed you’d never get another shot at that fish because you’d be 25 feet away before you could bait up :squid: 

2 hours ago, TimS said:

My exact experience on the Searcher - not only did he change locations constantly he had the mates adjust both anchor lines every five minutes. It was infuriating...every bite you missed you’d never get another shot at that fish because you’d be 25 feet away before you could bait up :squid: 

The food on that trip was spectacular as was the crab selection. :clap:  That was the first of the best-of-three old-guy/new-guy trips from what I remember. Alberto was on it too...  

38 mins ago, Kneel said:

The food on that trip was spectacular as was the crab selection. :clap:  That was the first of the best-of-three old-guy/new-guy trips from what I remember. Alberto was on it too...  

It wasn't quite as bad on the charter...the trip I was talking about was me and Phil L - when I picked up my crabs from their pen the thermometer on my truck said -10 :scared:   The high that day was -4 :scared:   We kept the crabs in my cooler all day...as soon as you took one out is froze solid :scared:  

TimS