Snaps

CAROL ANN III OUT OF BARNEGAT LIGHT

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Snaps said:

I'll go look up the Bonanza, I too heard good things about the Osprey, it is a decent deal, they supply rigs, I would use my hooks, I just can't seem to find other boats down there, doubt if there are many.

I've only found six packs along that stretch or party boats like sea star etc 

1 min ago, Fly By Nite said:

He's dead right? We always had good trips with him. It was a good boat. 

Yeah he died. I liked that boat. I did tuna with him a bunch of times. The mate Jamey was cool. He drives tugs in NY now. Wayne had cancer or some thing. He would go out with only a 6-8 guys and ankor up on small peices with us. He was a good fisherman. He still holds the White Hake record I think.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:04 PM, fishing pete said:

I fished the carolynann for years. Its only a 6 hour trip. Its a tourist boat. They dont care if you catch fish. The mates are children. I dont trust them to net a fish. I fished that boat since I was a child. The captaptain sits on dead wrecks and leaves on bighting fish. The fishing down there has sucked for years. The boat only goes 9 knots on a good day. The mates sit inside all day. I will never go back. I havent been there for years.

Someone anonymously reported this post - it's over a year old, but they just reported it. I'd rather folks register on the site (it's free :squid: ) and then share their comments...but I'm gonna share their comments this one time:

"Not true at all,doubt this guy even stepped foot on a boat in 2017 mates are NOT children,& they CAN net fish excellently so none of this is true"

Don't know who reported it, they didn't say...but there ya go :)

TimS

I just went and looked... it appears that the Carolyn Ann III isn't even sailing now.  They shut down their season on 12/1.  But, I guess it is never too late to address a single negative, one year old post on the internet.  LMAO.

12/1

Finally a nice day on the water today. A few nice blackfish were caught and a nice 7.3 lber won the pool caught by Billy Weisz of Manahawkin. Unfortunately this trip was our last one of the year. We would like to thank everyone who sailed with us, and we hope to see you next season. 

Edited by Slacker

I think we can scratch any boat that stops running on 12/1 off the serious tog operation list.  And the point goes to Fishing Pete.  This call is not subject to a booth review... sorry.

19 mins ago, Slacker said:

I just went and looked... it appears that the Carolyn Ann III isn't even sailing now.  They shut down their season on 12/1.  But, I guess it is never too late to address a single negative, one year old post on the internet.  LMAO.

12/1

Finally a nice day on the water today. A few nice blackfish were caught and a nice 7.3 lber won the pool caught by Billy Weisz of Manahawkin. Unfortunately this trip was our last one of the year. We would like to thank everyone who sailed with us, and we hope to see you next season. 

Lol...too funny...I guess they had/have some time in the off season to look around for old posts to complain about.  I agree, any boat that stops sailing on 12/1 can be very safely removed from the list of potential tog boats to consider, good call :th:

Pete always gets the point - he's as honest as they come and completely unafraid to tell anyone exactly what he's thinking..even when it's not what people wanna hear :)

TimS

24 mins ago, Sparky said:

Pete called me a muttering see-you-next-tuesday. Swear to god. :laugh:

I am as old as you and I just learnt the see you next Tuesday code. I really never heard it before. 

My wife found a bottle of wine with a label that said If You See Kate and thought it was hilarious. It took me a few but I figured it out. 

I know the boat VERY well.  That was my back up boat for years...there are better options.  To the left of the Doris Mae...

Capture+_2018-12-17-22-12-13.png

Edited by igomez
Pic

Osprey out of AC is the best for toggin down that way! There is a good boat out of Barneget , name eludes , been on tog charters twice did pretty good several years ago ! If I can remember boat nameI'll post ,  Capts name was Sam 

Edited by Capt. Lou