Snaps

CAROL ANN III OUT OF BARNEGAT LIGHT

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Anybody ever fish it ??

The good the bad the ugly ?? , google it , maybe a nice alternative to north jersey arse to elbow ??? shot a nicer fish ??

They fishing Tog saturday  and sunday walk on  60.00 per head ill confirm that, sound a little low, they supply greens.

14 mins ago, Tom T said:

Searcher is the Skylarker now, no?

I dunno, ask mick the trip we did on the searcher,  we hit some nice fish first drop, but the capt had ants in his pants couldn't stay on one drop for more than 5 minutes and give it time, I was thinking bout trying the carol ann III, mates also fillet , open boat walk on they said they dont get that crowded.

I fished the carolynann for years. Its only a 6 hour trip. Its a tourist boat. They dont care if you catch fish. The mates are children. I dont trust them to net a fish. I fished that boat since I was a child. The captaptain sits on dead wrecks and leaves on bighting fish. The fishing down there has sucked for years. The boat only goes 9 knots on a good day. The mates sit inside all day. I will never go back. I havent been there for years.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:04 PM, fishing pete said:

I fished the carolynann for years. Its only a 6 hour trip. Its a tourist boat. They dont care if you catch fish. The mates are children. I dont trust them to net a fish. I fished that boat since I was a child. The captaptain sits on dead wrecks and leaves on bighting fish. The fishing down there has sucked for years. The boat only goes 9 knots on a good day. The mates sit inside all day. I will never go back. I havent been there for years.

I think that’s a Nuff said. I give snappy credit for trying something new further south. Let’s keep up the suggestions

On 11/27/2017 at 8:04 PM, fishing pete said:

Ok cross that off the list, thanks pete thats the honest experience I was looking for.

18 mins ago, Humboldt Squid said:

I think that’s a Nuff said. I give snappy credit for trying something new further south. Let’s keep up the suggestions

The porgy in Cape may tries hard, but thats a 2 hr ride one way.

Back in the late 70s/early 80s, I believe the Carolyn Ann II, a much smaller boat, was running charters out of Waretown.  We did three trips per year and always caught.  Capt.  Bill, I believe.  It could hold maybe 8-10 people.

Edited by FrankStar

26 mins ago, Humboldt Squid said:

i hear okay things about the Bonanza II out of Fortescue and Osprey out of AC. one ends Dec 2nd and the other re-starts that date after a move down from NY.

i'd be interested in opinions on either. 

I'll go look up the Bonanza, I too heard good things about the Osprey, it is a decent deal, they supply rigs, I would use my hooks, I just can't seem to find other boats down there, doubt if there are many.

9 hours ago, Snaps said:

Ok cross that off the list, thanks pete thats the honest experience I was looking for.

I dont wanna bash any thing. But you asked Sir. Its not for guys like us. Stick with where we met.

Any boats in AC? I fished the Searcher a lot too in the winter. He would run south. Wayne was awesome. I had a 13+ and 10's with him.

2 hours ago, fishing pete said:

I dont wanna bash any thing. But you asked Sir. Its not for guys like us. Stick with where we met.

Any boats in AC? I fished the Searcher a lot too in the winter. He would run south. Wayne was awesome. I had a 13+ and 10's with him.

Understood, we only need the mate to fillet the fish !! last week the mate butchered the fillets left a lotta meat on the skin. Fished with wayne 1 time read above, he tried but to me<  he was a little too impatient.  Thanks again !