Thanksgiving has come and gone. Winter is almost here. Time to fire up the auger and re-rig your tilts, spool those nano reels and dig out the panfish jigs. 

Whether you are chasing a 40” pike, or a few perch for the pan. Please feel free to pass along any reports , pictures, and/or stories you would like to share.

All ice reports are welcome. Please refrain from siting  exact areas of pond, to avoid spot burning.

Any info shared about who is carrying  bait and current hours of operation would be greatly appreciated by all. 

Be safe out there and good luck this season!!!

Fancy catches fisherman, simple catches fish

• 3 weeks later...

There has been ice forming on my duck ponds in SE Mass. It’s usually melted off by mid day, what’s the word out there. Anyone have anything they can walk on yet?

Toms bait has been downsizing. I’m hoping they keep some reasonable winter hours 

On 12/10/2017 at 5:41 PM, TBYRD said:

All of my local "north side of the hills" ponds kept a nice dry snow covering today!  Forcast is lookin good for some December through the hole perch jigging :)

20170222_155106.jpg

Niice jumbo!!! Excellent work guys!!

they should be adding some weight by now, their spawn is coming in a couple months

my biggest yellows are all usually mid January with my biggest slime darts coming at last ice.

i usually keep a batch or 2 of 9” or so yellows for the table every year I can.

best freshwater fish for eating in my opinion!

Spotty skim ice on Hopkinton (Mass) Reservoir as of this AM, but this is always a late freezer. If I have a chance, I'll do some exploring with the spud this weekend in the local area. The really tiny shallow 1-3 acre ponds that don't have names appear to be locked up but that is subject to confirmation.

-bd

Pfantum Pfishah