Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

I've got a solution

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

To this current wave of pedophilia cases running rampant.

We should just change the age of consent.

As usual, Europe, specifically France, is way ahead of us on this.

Seems the Frenchies never had an age of consent, but with the Harvey, and other cases popping up like popcorn around the US, they want to be proactive, and set an age.

Some say 13, some more vocal folks say 15...What say you?

What age should a person be able to consent to sex?

From Yahoo:

 

PARIS (AP) — Is a 13-year-old old enough to agree to sex with an adult? That's a question France is asking as the government prepares to set a legal age for sexual consent for the first time.

Twice in recent weeks, French courts have refused to prosecute men for rape after they had sex with 11-year-old girls because authorities couldn't prove coercion. Amid the public disbelief over the situation, the French government is drafting a bill to say that sex with children under a certain age is by definition coercive.

Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet provoked consternation among feminist groups Monday by saying a legal minimum age of 13 for sexual consent "is worth considering."

Activists staged a small protest Tuesday in central Paris to argue that the age of consent should be set at 15. Protesters waved placards that read "for him impunity, for her a life sentence" in reference to the recent cases.

"We want the law to guarantee that before 15 there can be no concept of consent," prominent French feminist activist Caroline de Haas said.

"I don't know why (Belloubet) said it," added Alice Collet, a member of the National Collective for Women's Rights. "It's a sign of ignorance of the issues."

Establishing a legal age of consent is one piece of a pending bill to address sexual violence and harassment in France. The subject of sexual misconduct has drawn fresh attention worldwide since rape and sexual assault allegations were made against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein.

"In America with the Weinstein fallout, there have been legal investigations. But here it has been radio silence from politicians," said de Haas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consent to sex?  Or consent to sex with an adult?  Two different things.

 

Consent to sex - any age, as long at it's within a 2 or 3 year span.  Meaning two 7th graders who are both 12 or 13 shouldn't be guilty of raping one another.

 

A 14 year old high school freshmen with a 17 year old high school senior get tricky, but if it's consensual, it's the same peer group.

 

A 14 year old high school sophomore with an 18 year old college idiot?  Same 3 years, but now you've crossed a line with adult/minor.

 

No way everyone will every agree, and there is a double standard.  If it's an 18 year old college male having sex with a female high school freshman, I'd want to kill him.  But if it's a 14 year old high school freshman boy that lands his older sister's 18 year old college room mate, I'd give him a high five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, JimG said:

And we found something the left and right should agree on.

Possibly only here among certain members of PG

 

i think there is still a population that secretly covets such things

 

The concept of a old and ugly male with a much much  younger female raises some flags as well. Yeah it’s LOVE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Consent to sex?  Or consent to sex with an adult?  Two different things.

 

Consent to sex - any age, as long at it's within a 2 or 3 year span.  Meaning two 7th graders who are both 12 or 13 shouldn't be guilty of raping one another.

 

A 14 year old high school freshmen with a 17 year old high school senior get tricky, but if it's consensual, it's the same peer group.

 

A 14 year old high school sophomore with an 18 year old college idiot?  Same 3 years, but now you've crossed a line with adult/minor.

 

No way everyone will every agree, and there is a double standard.  If it's an 18 year old college male having sex with a female high school freshman, I'd want to kill him.  But if it's a 14 year old high school freshman boy that lands his older sister's 18 year old college room mate, I'd give him a high five.

At what age can a person give their knowing consent to sex?

It doesn't matter with whom.

If a 15 yr old can be busted for kiddy porn because of pics of his 14 yr old girlfriend/boyfriend/other, we need some limits.

 

Ask France, they never had an age of consent before...at what age should they set it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, dena said:

At what age can a person give their knowing consent to sex?

It doesn't matter with whom..........

 

It's gotta matter with whom.  If 2 stupid 7th graders are fooling around and decide to try sex, it makes no sense to label them both as sex offenders or child predators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

 

It's gotta matter with whom.  If 2 stupid 7th graders are fooling around and decide to try sex, it makes no sense to label them both as sex offenders or child predators.

7th grade is what 12?

So older than 12.

13, 14.

I am tempted to say the same age as booze and cigs.

They each carry equal responsibilities.

If one can screw, why not booze and cigs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dena said:

7th grade is what 12?

So older than 12.

13, 14.

I am tempted to say the same age as booze and cigs.

They each carry equal responsibilities.

If one can screw, why not booze and cigs?

 

Booze puts you in a position to get impaired and hurt others.

Smoking is stupid, and detrimental to your health.

Neither of those lands you a criminal record as a child molester for the rest of your life.

 

Hell, if they can drink and smoke at 12, why not allow them to join the military and go fight in Iraq?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

 

Booze puts you in a position to get impaired and hurt others.

Smoking is stupid, and detrimental to your health.

Neither of those lands you a criminal record as a child molester for the rest of your life.

 

Hell, if they can drink and smoke at 12, why not allow them to join the military and go fight in Iraq?

And work in factories.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Somebody tell me why we should be more like France.     :kook:

 

Well..............

 

They do have better ski resorts.  Chamonix is absolutely awesome.

They also have better street/vendor food in resort towns.

 

Aside from that, **** France.  And **** the UN too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.