The BuzzardsBayBruin

The * OFFICIAL * Bragging Board

158 posts in this topic

Not my largest out of freshwater, but for sure the best eating 23 lbers off the river I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Caught on a Mepps Flying C in Chart tube blue/silver blade. Hope to hook just one more before they stop running...

IMG950418.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 mins ago, Linesideslayer said:

Not my largest out of freshwater, but for sure the best eating 23 lbers off the river I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Caught on a Mepps Flying C in Chart tube blue/silver blade. Hope to hook just one more before they stop running...

IMG950418.jpg

Nice fish ....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll stick to just this year.

 

I had an awesome July bass fishing with a few bass 6# or better and a bunch 4# or more.  This was the biggest at 6.75#.

IMG_20170630_185306263-L.jpg

 

My first flathead catfish ever caught on a jig while bass fishing.

IMG_6747.JPG-L.jpg

 

I never fish for catfish but after the flathead we specifically targeted them the following weekend and I got my personal best at 19#.

2017092413053395-IMG_6824-L.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 11:12 PM, vce12342000 said:

HwfHxp8.jpg?2 24 inch wild brown 6.2 lbs

my avatar rainbow was 26 inch's and 8.6 lbs  

Are you taking fishing secrecy to a new level?

Did you actually block out the lure you caught it on?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, willf650 said:

Are you taking fishing secrecy to a new level?

Did you actually block out the lure you caught it on?

Yes. Out of respect for Jay Blair. He introduced me to the lure and asked that I dont publicize it on the internet. Keeping my word to him :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, willf650 said:

I'll stick to just this year.

 

I had an awesome July bass fishing with a few bass 6# or better and a bunch 4# or more.  This was the biggest at 6.75#.

IMG_20170630_185306263-L.jpg

 

My first flathead catfish ever caught on a jig while bass fishing.

IMG_6747.JPG-L.jpg

 

I never fish for catfish but after the flathead we specifically targeted them the following weekend and I got my personal best at 19#.

2017092413053395-IMG_6824-L.jpg

Right on!! Way to Slay!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Not my largest out of freshwater, but for sure the best eating 23 lbers off the river I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Caught on a Mepps Flying C in Chart tube blue/silver blade. Hope to hook just one more before they stop running...

IMG950418.jpg

Woah,  can I ask what state this brute came from?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

Yes. Out of respect for Jay Blair. He introduced me to the lure and asked that I dont publicize it on the internet. Keeping my word to him :) 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Are lures really that serious?

 

Burn a spot though and guys have earned my contempt. :mad:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

Not my largest out of freshwater, but for sure the best eating 23 lbers off the river I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Caught on a Mepps Flying C in Chart tube blue/silver blade. Hope to hook just one more before they stop running...

IMG950418.jpg

 

Now if only trout got that big.

 

Awesome fish!

Edited by Beastly Backlash
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, willf650 said:

I'll stick to just this year.

 

I had an awesome July bass fishing with a few bass 6# or better and a bunch 4# or more.  This was the biggest at 6.75#.

IMG_20170630_185306263-L.jpg

 

My first flathead catfish ever caught on a jig while bass fishing.

IMG_6747.JPG-L.jpg

 

I never fish for catfish but after the flathead we specifically targeted them the following weekend and I got my personal best at 19#.

2017092413053395-IMG_6824-L.jpg

 

That bass is a pig!

 

Do you normally fish cats? Or did that flathead get you turned on to them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Are lures really that serious?

 

Burn a spot though and guys have earned my contempt. :mad:

They can be. I would have never knew about these lures unless he showed some of us @ a fishing fling we all met at. Im just respecting his wish's. He also showed us some of his spots. Not everyone going to do that. I went back there many times over and I also respected the spot burn rules when taking pictures of the place with the fish. I also never took anyone to the spots either. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

 

Now if only trout got that big.

 

Awesome fish!

Check out you tube. There is a place in Canada where genetic mutant trout escaped into the river!!! They do exist!

 

Image result for Tripod trout record twins

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

They can be. I would have never knew about these lures unless he showed some of us @ a fishing fling we all met at. Im just respecting his wish's. He also showed us some of his spots. Not everyone going to do that. I went back there many times over and I also respected the spot burn rules when taking pictures of the place with the fish. I also never took anyone to the spots either. 

 

Definitly, it is very important to protect those spots. That is what good fishing buds do.:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Linesideslayer said:

Check out you tube. There is a place in Canada where genetic mutant trout escaped into the river!!! They do exist!

 

Image result for Tripod trout record twins

 

That looks like a 50lb rainbow, I need to catch one of those!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.