The BuzzardsBayBruin

The * OFFICIAL * Bragging Board

158 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2018 at 9:49 AM, MaxKatt said:

Check the "GT Ice Cream" for freshwater.  

I'm always intrigued by overlooked salt/fresh crossover lure opportunities.  When I saw this one this winter, I thought it might have a good app for me in freshwater.  Picked one up.  

That single hook on a cord folds back over the bullet shaped lure which casts a mile.  

Despite the weight, it's easy to immediately get back on top, on plane, and draw a nice long V-wake back to you.  If you're fishing from the bank, it opens up a lot more water and fish to get out over the top of.  Moreover, that single hook doesn't snag nearly as much material as the typical treble, or double treble, dangling from the belly of most topwaters.

As soon as I got home I put in an order for a few more in different weights and Flo-yellow which only comes in a needle nose model I have yet to try.  

I also threw some small Rogers Rangers for the first time.  No takers this time, but I'm sure they will produce.  Cast well, but not as well as the GT Ice Cream.

GT Ice Cream and Roberts Ranger and Whistler are among my favs down here off the beach. Never considered it but the smaller sizes would work. Do you have the smallest Ranger? 

On 3/30/2018 at 7:54 PM, EricJ said:

Not bad identifying it for a guy from NJ! love that place but I only fished it once...  

I may have to send you a note the next time I am going to be down that way. 

Not bad?  That was remarkable.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

my son is a damn bass magnet. My best days are with him.

Yep.  Done right, thats the way its supposed to be (whether you catch fish or not!)