Fishy4335

ODM Genesis vs FSC Predator?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I have the 1087 and it's a great rod.  If I had much choice, I would prefer it if was just a touch more moderate.  Note the upper range of the ODM is 3 oz while it's 4 oz for the 1087.  I haven't thrown 4 oz with the 1087, but 3 oz is no problem.  I only point this out because many rods are a bit optimistic about throwing the high end of the range.  I also have the 1086 which is a great rod but 3 oz would be too much of for that rod.

Customer service is bar none. He fixed a guide on my 1087 and fixed two guides on my 1267 and modified the grip to be just like the newer line, with the smooth shrink wrap grip. Mine was cork before. He did an insane job and the rod is just a total beast and perfect. Get an fsc dude

I have both the 9' genesis and the 9' predator sb 1086. love them both.  predator has a little softer tip and a more medium action. Ive caught plenty of 20 lb class fish with that rod a couple of 30s and it has more stopping power than you would think.  I recently picked up the odm.  Much thinner blank.  Was hoping it would be a more medium than fast on the "med-fast rating" but that's pretty accurate. I've only had it for about 3 weeks and a few bass around the 15lb mark already. I am very impressed with the backbone of this rod given its thin diameter. Its a very tough call, but if I had to pick one it would be the fsc. 

On 11/30/2017 at 10:01 AM, lureman said:

both are good rods, but for strength and durability, you can't beat a FSC, Plus the fact the FSC blanks are made with American hands.....

+1 on this. FSC all the way. Support American business 

I read somewhere that although the genesis is a great rod it’s too thin to be used around rocks as a slight nick will compromise the blank.  That will likely sway my decision as I want to be able to fish the jetty’s

FSC makes a good blank, they're out of stock on the 1087 until the 15th though if you need it in a hurry. I bought their last 1087 raptor but unfortunately the guides and reel seat were way out of alignment so now I'm waiting on the predators to come in. 

like i mentioned earlier in this thread and post, both are good, good rods, ODM or FSC, I Just like FSC, Theory of American Made blanks,,,,,and sold for less dramatized mark-ups,,,