buddha162

Tog limit, bad, bad forecast

15 posts in this topic

I had the pleasure of Lee and Zoran's company last week, on a day that was supposed to be "calm." The trip before that I hid in a cove all day, talked myself into manning up this trip and poked outside for some combat fishing. Since I flipped earlier this year, definitely feel nervous in those conditions; didn't like being turned sideways to the waves at all, didn't like having the waves behind me either...I'm a frog-pond/fair weather kayak angler for sure!

6 mins ago, r111 said:

+ many on the weather. But, the bite was just insane, it seemed I was getting 3 fish for every 4 crabs, pretty rare ratio

Haha and your company too Rashid, I forgot since once we launched we went separate ways

Yes, the tog were on the feed bag that day for sure!

1 hour ago, Pma531 said:

Great video man. Seriously, you know your ****.

Thanks! But I wouldn't go that far...many unsuccessful trips this year, that day the tog decided to chew!

21 mins ago, EricJ said:

looks like a great time except the swells... would love to join one day

Anytime Eric, but we'd have to go over filming and editing ground rules first lol...

I’ll invite my self too. Lol hahaha I have a GoPro but footage just gets stored on an external hard drive. EricJ, I don’t know if you remember but I met you that one day on a jetty while tog fishing.

One of those days when the forecast had erred but in the hindsight you are glad it did ( we would not have gone fishing otherwise)...the funny part is that the same spot on Sunday ( video was taped 3 days earlier) yielded zero hits in half an hour...like dead...all the fish disappeared..go figure

Great vid!  Looked like  you guys were dialed in. 

Incredible job on releasing the bigger females you caught that day!!!!  Wish more people would do that.

Tight Lines

C

3 hours ago, Chunks said:

Incredible job on releasing the bigger females you caught that day!!!!  Wish more people would do that.

Tight Lines

C

If the state would just impose a slot limit I'd have less agita, they really need to do that next year! 

4 hours ago, computeruser said:

on Sunday...  yielded zero hits in half an hour...like dead...all the fish disappeared..go figure

And that's the only reason I put up the video lol...

22 hours ago, Pma531 said:

I’ll invite my self too. Lol hahaha I have a GoPro but footage just gets stored on an external hard drive. EricJ, I don’t know if you remember but I met you that one day on a jetty while tog fishing.

yes i absolutely remember you. Was wondering when you were going to reply back in the forum.  That was not the best day. Micro-tog. Then, tried another spot and it was worse. Should have just brought some small hooks and pieces of clam to see what else was circling that jetty.