Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superstriper

the middle class tax cut

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

As noted previously I am all for EVERYBODY reaping the benefits of tax cuts-the reps said their plan was going to be a boom for the middle class-even called a "christmas gift" or a "raise"(getting your own money is not a raise)

The plan being promoted is so great for the middle class that Mitch and Paul said nobody would pay more in the middle but gain huge savings but see the below

Last week, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) told a variety of conservative media outlets that the Republican tax plan would deliver “a tax cut for everybody.” When evidence emerged that millions of middle-class households would pay more under the GOP proposal, Ryan’s office conceded that the Speaker “misspoke.” Evidently, there’s a lot of that going around. Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, acknowledged on Friday that the Republican tax plan might result in a tax hike for some working Americans, saying he “misspoke” days earlier when he said that “nobody in the middle class is going to get a tax increase” under the Senate bill. “I misspoke on that,” Mr. McConnell, a Kentucky Republican,

so do you favor this bill now knowing you were sold a bill of false goods and even the reps that were promoting this plan from day now admit the "tax cut" will result in a good amount of folks PAYING MORE

I dont blame Mr Trump on this but blame Paul and Mitch -another program like heathcare they had years to come up with a solution and their answer is something worse

I can't wait.  I plan to buy another house with my tax cut.

Except it wont be my house... it will be for someone else.

For the record, I never expect to ever see my taxes go down until my income goes down... like retirement.

Free money has to come from someplace.

11 mins ago, hamlet said:

I can't wait.  I plan to buy another house with my tax cut.

Except it wont be my house... it will be for someone else.

For the record, I never expect to ever see my taxes go down until my income goes down... like retirement.

Free money has to come from someplace.

it was yours to start out with.....

Of course it was

and for someone else to get it free,

it has to be taken from me

After all I use it so irresponsibly... paying to raise kids, keeping the roof leak-free, cutting the grass and driving to work, eating... silly stuff

even paying for internet so I can post here.

Surely someone else knows how better to use the fruits of my labor.

Edited by hamlet

Hey Superstriper, you got a link to the final bill so we can compare what we got vs. what we were promised?  Or are you still jumping the gun based upon what MSNBC and CNN are telling you?

#factsdontmattertoliberals

1 hour ago, superstriper said:

I dont blame Mr Trump on this but blame Paul and Mitch -another program like heathcare they had years to come up with a solution and their answer is something worse

8 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Maybe Trump should just show us "his" tax plan instead of relying on Ryan and McConnell.

Ivanka coming to S. Jersey to push the plan with the current TOL governor so I'm pretty sure his hands are all over it.

Only hope of selling it in NJ is if she does presentation in her underwear!

Probably why it's an invite only event!

19 mins ago, SB59 said:

Ivanka coming to S. Jersey to push the plan with the current TOL governor so I'm pretty sure his hands are all over it.

Only hope of selling it in NJ is if she does presentation in her underwear!

Probably why it's an invite only event!

No touch, no buy.     :D

more of the same BS... trickle down economics ... the wealthy get the biggest tax breaks & perhaps .001 of 1 penny will trickle down.

the problem with the govt. is basic -- they need to cut expenses.  Nothing fancy it;s just like our household finances.  You spend more than you make you take on debt (or take it out of savings in our case).. the more debt the bigger the problems when the SHTF.

35 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Maybe Trump should just show us "his" tax plan instead of relying on Ryan and McConnell.

Is it possible Trump in employing what I call the "Shining Knight" tactic? Since all of the established politicians hate him (on both sides), let them roll out these bad policies and then come in as a savior by vetoing these bad policies and rolling out his own proposal? Give his enemies just enough rope to hang themselves.

I doubt this is what he is actually doing, but it would be nice to see him makes fools of the establishment.

Just now, ihocky2 said:

Is it possible Trump in employing what I call the "Shining Knight" tactic? Since all of the established politicians hate him (on both sides), let them roll out these bad policies and then come in as a savior by vetoing these bad policies and rolling out his own proposal? Give his enemies just enough rope to hang themselves.

I doubt this is what he is actually doing, but it would be nice to see him makes fools of the establishment.

The man is way too dull to be a "Shining Knight".

His failure at heathcare repeal and replace should serve as proof.

41 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Hey Superstriper, you got a link to the final bill so we can compare what we got vs. what we were promised?  Or are you still jumping the gun based upon what MSNBC and CNN are telling you?

#factsdontmattertoliberals

so I should not listen to the guys that helped craft the bills and their OWN words?  got it thanks-if people do not speak up against this sham then the bill would proceed as crafted

1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

The man is way too dull to be a "Shining Knight".

His failure at heathcare repeal and replace should serve as proof.

Again, I doubt he is actually doing that. The best I have is only hope. The reality is that no one in Washington will care about the tax codes or rates because none of them are affected. They all have their charities and tax accountants and every other loop hole to be found to avoid paying any more taxes than necessary. All while the rest of us toil away to see our money wasted by these fools on both sides.

Out of curiosity, what does everyone consider the middle class to upper class cutoff? My boss works 50-60 hours a week and makes over $125K before bonuses. He is by no means hurting for money and I would consider above middle class, but I would not consider him rich either. I know he is in a higher tax bracket, but I think he will take the same hit as the people working for him at $13/hr.

bigly sad people say we should not form judgements on released documents and the words from the very folks heading up the bill in the house and senate -yes the final bill is not done yet but what HAS been proposed is awful and even reps are saying their own bill=tax increases