jjdbike

VS200 “Anti-reverse” intermittant after service?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I’m worried. I use & need my VS as I plan on using it heavly over the whole week of Thanksgiving.

I just got it serviced from VS factory. I requested that they do what ever was needed to bring it as close to new as possibe. It was & is in very good shape (or so I thought) & just wanted to keep it that way.

I was fishing over the past weekend & noticed on occasion the reel handle would turn backwards freely. When I tried to replicate it didn’t do it. It did this several times over the weekend.

Why I’m worried is I do not think I have enough time to ship it, get it fixed & shipped back in time to use on 11/20.

Why is this happening (i.e what’s wrong w/ reel that’s causing it & is it a quick fix that a local (non-VS service) shop could fix?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I do not have a back up (my mistake & will be looking for one in the off season for sure).

Thanks!

JD

I would go buy a back reel and send it back. I assume they did not replace the clutch bearing. If you wait too long they may charge you again. Right now it should be at no cost.

12 hours ago, handi2 said:

I would go buy a back reel and send it back. I assume they did not replace the clutch bearing. If you wait too long they may charge you again. Right now it should be at no cost.

Thanks handi,

Yes they picked up the tab on overnight express shipping.

12 hours ago, hobobob said:

Depends on where you fish. There are local service centers near by, salt water tackle on west Islip, LI. or Fisherman's HQ at Shipbottom NJ. 

Yes shipping would be faster but VS paid for shipping.

It’s on it’s way.

Thanks folks!

JD