Mircopolo

All I need for Christmas is...

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Well, I should start with “another Giants win but this will be asking for to much “.

So I figured out that after working my own ass really hard all year long, I deserve same nice gift from Santa.

My choice is to upgrade spinning reel on my “to go” plugin rod in 10.6 foot length.

I have already Mojo and TFO in this length, so I decided to go with new reel as opposed to buying let say St. Croix Legend.

Primary jettys, wet suit or wading so good saltwater protection is a must.

I am bend on two options, Saltiga or Van Staal.

Daiwa is closer to my heart as I have been fishing with them all my live.

The reel I am currently using - Daiwa Ballistic will be put as backup on second rod and I have plenty of other options for it as well.

Newer been a believer or have Van Staal - mainly because It old, rustic and cumbersome look which never justified it price.

Like Mitchell 300 from 50’s plus a whole lot of holes.

But I know from this very forum they have huge following and die hard users.

Yes, I know they are durable and water resistant.

So I have question for this of you who fish with both of them, know them - what would be your choice?

Saltiga models are no mistery to choose from but Van Staal that’s something I can use good advice.

Model, size and differences between them.

I am looking for minimum size for 10.6’ 2-6oz rod as I may use reel on longer rods as well.

Weight is not the problem as I am rather strong and big, obviously as far as it will not over match rod, but good line capacity is a plus.

And please I don’t need advice sort like; why not to buy five Stradics instead of one crazy expensive reel.

Got the Stradic already, now want Stradivarius.

I behaved well this year and Santa will like me, I guess.

Thanks in advance to all responding.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mircopolo said:

Well, I should start with “another Giants win but this will be asking for to much “.

So I figured out that after working my own ass really hard all year long, I deserve same nice gift from Santa.

My choice is to upgrade spinning reel on my “to go” plugin rod in 10.6 foot length.

I have already Mojo and TFO in this length, so I decided to go with new reel as opposed to buying let say St. Croix Legend.

Primary jettys, wet suit or wading so good saltwater protection is a must.

I am bend on two options, Saltiga or Van Staal.

Daiwa is closer to my heart as I have been fishing with them all my live.

The reel I am currently using - Daiwa Ballistic will be put as backup on second rod and I have plenty of other options for it as well.

Newer been a believer or have Van Staal - mainly because It old, rustic and cumbersome look which never justified it price.

Like Mitchell 300 from 50’s plus a whole lot of holes.

But I know from this very forum they have huge following and die hard users.

Yes, I know they are durable and water resistant.

So I have question for this of you who fish with both of them, know them - what would be your choice?

Saltiga models are no mistery to choose from but Van Staal that’s something I can use good advice.

Model, size and differences between them.

I am looking for minimum size for 10.6’ 2-6oz rod as I may use reel on longer rods as well.

Weight is not the problem as I am rather strong and big, obviously as far as it will not over match rod, but good line capacity is a plus.

And please I don’t need advice sort like; why not to buy five Stradics instead of one crazy expensive reel.

Got the Stradic already, now want Stradivarius.

I behaved well this year and Santa will like me, I guess.

Thanks in advance to all responding.

 

 

 

 

Well a Giants win isn't going to happen this week lol...  What a friggen season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

Well a Giants win isn't going to happen this week lol...  What a friggen season.

They can’t win with secondary sabotaging game and teammates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, reelfire said:

4 more blackhole rods. A stella. Wet suit and custom waders.

I know not of these Giants you speak of.

Blackhole I may try.

But distribution is almost nonexistent.

Waiting for reviews of VR 50, something should pop up in few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mircopolo said:

Blackhole I may try.

But distribution is almost nonexistent.

Waiting for reviews of VR 50, something should pop up in few weeks.

If you are in Jersey Kilsongs shop is right by GW bridge. Contact him he will be at several shows this winter. If you come to LI and want to test cast surf rods PM me and we ll hit a beach for an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mircopolo said:

Blackhole I may try.

But distribution is almost nonexistent.

Waiting for reviews of VR 50, something should pop up in few weeks.

Im also interested in the VR 50, and how it compares to the VS 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reelfire said:

If you are in Jersey Kilsongs shop is right by GW bridge. Contact him he will be at several shows this winter. If you come to LI and want to test cast surf rods PM me and we ll hit a beach for an hour.

Thanks, already bought one from Him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.